• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seiko Mod

potenza302

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/11/16
San Francisco Bay Area

I’ve always been into Seikos and the past couple of years. Over the last couple of years I’ve been buyIng, modding snd selling custom pieces. Here are some examples of completed and sold pieces over the past year.

Reactions: R2L

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Just love the first one. Cant get one like that over the pond.

potenza302

18/11/16
San Francisco Bay Area
Just love the first one. Cant get one like that over the pond.

The purple ar coating looks incredible in person.

There are a handful of good and reliable sellers of the custom parts and most watchmakers should be able to swap parts. If you’d like more info on building one let me know.

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
The purple ar coating looks incredible in person.

There are a handful of good and reliable sellers of the custom parts and most watchmakers should be able to swap parts. If you’d like more info on building one let me know.

Do you know any supplier's in the UK/EU?

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
The ones I’ve dealt with and that have a good reputation are all based in the US or Asia

crystaltimes, namoki, dlw, Lcbi, to name a few

ok thanks for the direction, will give them a try.

Troklo

23/12/15
Just out of curiosity how much do you think that the mod from the video would cost?

potenza302

18/11/16
San Francisco Bay Area
Just out of curiosity how much do you think that the mod from the video would cost?

Overall parts and labor it should be around $700 USD. Seems kind of pricey for a Seiko but well worth it for a unique piece that you can be proud of.

For reference, the stainless steel black face Seiko pictured above I had build was $750 USD parts and labor.

Troklo

23/12/15
Hmmm I might write him then to make me one, truly beautiful watch and unique. I didn't know about the Seiko mod community but seems quite big and there are some cool pieces out there. The one you made is also ace BTW

Last edited:

potenza302

18/11/16
San Francisco Bay Area
Hmmm I might write him then to make me one, truly beautiful watch and unique. I didn't know about the Seiko mod community but seems quite big and there are some cool pieces out there. The one you made is also ace BTW

Yes it’s a huge and very helpful community. Not sure if I can recommend a Facebook page on here but every possible question you have can get answered in minutes. Thanks for the compliment!

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
It really doesn’t take much to start the seiko hobby. It how I spend my rep dollars these days.
putting the seiko parts together is really fun and easy since all the parts are made for a very specific tolerances. This sites listed are the main ones. Ajuicenet is in the us and there are others. It’s a good time.

potenza302

18/11/16
San Francisco Bay Area
It really doesn’t take much to start the seiko hobby. It how I spend my rep dollars these days.
putting the seiko parts together is really fun and easy since all the parts are made for a very specific tolerances. This sites listed are the main ones. Ajuicenet is in the us and there are others. It’s a good time.

It’s amazing how well some Seikos fit in high end collections. Also great that a full set of tools to completely modify the watch is about $60.

I’ll check out that ajuicenet

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Is there anyone who is doing similar things to Seiko dress watches?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Is there anyone who is doing similar things to Seiko dress watches?

From time to time some of the sellers have milgauss style bezels but I haven’t found any dress cases. That said. Pretty much all the seikos use the n15/35/36 as the base. Just need to make sure the dial is of the 28.5m variety.

I hate to link to reddit, but this list of mods have hit my daily rotation of visits. Some of the providers have really cool stuff

https://www.reddit.com/r/SeikoMods/comments/hju0ws/rseikomods_sticky_mod_part_suppliers_tutorials/

Reactions: R2L and hanski

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
From time to time some of the sellers have milgauss style bezels but I haven’t found any dress cases. That said. Pretty much all the seikos use the n15/35/36 as the base. Just need to make sure the dial is of the 28.5m variety.

I hate to link to reddit, but this list of mods have hit my daily rotation of visits. Some of the providers have really cool stuff

https://www.reddit.com/r/SeikoMods/comments/hju0ws/rseikomods_sticky_mod_part_suppliers_tutorials/

Thank you for the helpful info and the link. Even tho most of the mods are on the SKX and related diver models, there are a few dress seiko’ s that have been modified that look good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Just taken delivery of this custom build.
b74a8e11b3ae924da76833ba919ea1d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ams55557 and R2L