• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beau7816 View Post
    A black dial with white markers.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
    That’s standard on many models, the SKX in particular

Comment

potenza302 do you know where I can source the parts to build something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Troklo View Post
        potenza302 do you know where I can source the parts to build something like this?

CrystalTimes now makes a full bronze SKX case. It looks like the dial movement and hands are stock SKX parts. The dial and hands have had a “patina” makeover, likely using coffee to stain the lume.

The crystal and bezel insert can also be bought from crystaltimes.

You could either
        (1)purchase all parts individually and assemble the watch
        (2) buy a new or used SKX and replace the case, crystal and bezel insert, and stain the markers.

Comment

Hey man thanks for the reply, I guess I'll update this thread on how the work goes
          Last edited by Troklo; 07-08-20, 11:06.

Comment

Some of these mods are incredible.

Comment

Hey man thanks for the reply, I guess I'll update this thread on how the work goes
              Yes please do. They’re fairly simple so finding compatible parts is usually a piece of cake

Comment

These are two of my latest builds...

Comment

These are two of my latest builds...

Incredible work! The trident second hands are badass. People have used homage GMT watches and changed the dial for Seiko to keep the true GMT function. It’ll be a future project

Comment

And just finished the stelth

Comment

And just finished the stelth

Seiko Yacht Master! Nice build

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Comment

And the journey has begone!

These are the parts I've ordered till now.

Top hat crystal

Bezel Insert

Case

Chapter ring

Hands

Dial

Now I need to find someone that can repaint the insert and do the pumpkin patina mod on the hands, dial, chapter ring and day date wheel.
                        I found some modders but they are all in asia. If you guys know of someone in europe that can do the job let me know!

potenza302 What have you started?!?!?!?

Comment

And the journey has begone!

These are the parts I've ordered till now.

Top hat crystal

Bezel Insert

Case

Chapter ring

Hands

Dial

Now I need to find someone that can repaint the insert and do the pumpkin patina mod on the hands, dial, chapter ring and day date wheel.
                          I found some modders but they are all in asia. If you guys know of someone in europe that can do the job let me know!

potenza302 What have you started?!?!?!?
                          That’s awesome, I’m looking forward to seeing the finished product!! I’m jealous of that case too! You should ask around the Seiko Mods Facebook page, I’m sure there are plenty of people who are willing to redo the lume for you.

Recently finished some slight upgrades to my SKX009..slimmer bezel gasket, new clock spring and replaced the ceramic bezel insert with the OEM Pepsi insert. This handset is on its way too, but I’m only using the shark second hand

Comment

potenza302 I have a question regarding the day/date wheel for the crown position @4. As far as I understand the day/date wheel that is mounted on the NH36 will be misaligned if the crown case has the crown position @4 so I went on ebay to find a one.
                            I wrote to this seller asking if the day(kanji) wheel they sell would fit a NH36 movement with the above mention position, to which they replied:
                            https://www.ebay.at/itm/GENUINE-SEIK...vMAAOSwWHBaPV4 J

"The day disc works for movements with crowns at the 3 or 4 o clock if it is installed on 7S26/7S36/NH36/4R36 (not any other movement!). The watch case also needs to be 42 mm (like the SKX007). However, the DATE wheel's alignment depends on the configuration (which movement, crown/stem position). If you are installing the DATE WHEEL on a 42mm case, such as the SKX007, with the crown @ 4, then you need to use the 7S26A/B date wheel.

These day discs and date wheels are only compatible for 7S26 7S36 NH36 4R36 movements."

Now I'm a bit confused, is it the day (Mon,Tue,Wed) wheel I have to change or the date (1,2,3,4) one I have to change?

I found this one at namokimods. Do you recon it's the correct one?
                            https://www.namokimods.com/products/...-4oclock-white

Also I saw that crystal times offers a regulated NH36 movement for €65, is it worth it or should go for an unregulated movement for half the price on ebay?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Some more recent builds i have been working on.

Comment

Are those one second closer hands? The ones with the s.

i ordered a few sets from dlw, namoki and dial makr. I can’t wait to get started on a new batch.
                                Last edited by Ams55557; 20-09-20, 01:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X