Seiko Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seiko Mod

I’ve always been into Seikos and the past couple of years. Over the last couple of years I’ve been buyIng, modding snd selling custom pieces. Here are some examples of completed and sold pieces over the past year.

My most recent build and this is a keeper. Every part has been picked individually and it came out perfect. Check out the lume!

Comment

Just love the first one. Cant get one like that over the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by beau7816 View Post
        Just love the first one. Cant get one like that over the pond.
        The purple ar coating looks incredible in person.

There are a handful of good and reliable sellers of the custom parts and most watchmakers should be able to swap parts. If you’d like more info on building one let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by potenza302 View Post

The purple ar coating looks incredible in person.

There are a handful of good and reliable sellers of the custom parts and most watchmakers should be able to swap parts. If you’d like more info on building one let me know.
          Do you know any supplier's in the UK/EU?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UEjFZutgU8

Recently found this guy on YT some of the stuff he does is truly amazing imo.

Comment

Originally posted by beau7816 View Post

Do you know any supplier's in the UK/EU?
              The ones I’ve dealt with and that have a good reputation are all based in the US or Asia

crystaltimes, namoki, dlw, Lcbi, to name a few

Comment

Originally posted by potenza302 View Post

The ones I’ve dealt with and that have a good reputation are all based in the US or Asia

crystaltimes, namoki, dlw, Lcbi, to name a few
                ok thanks for the direction, will give them a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Troklo View Post
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UEjFZutgU8

Recently found this guy on YT some of the stuff he does is truly amazing imo.
                  Eric is a solid builder and very responsive. Incredible attention to detail.

Comment

Just out of curiosity how much do you think that the mod from the video would cost?

Comment

Just out of curiosity how much do you think that the mod from the video would cost?
                      Overall parts and labor it should be around $700 USD. Seems kind of pricey for a Seiko but well worth it for a unique piece that you can be proud of.

For reference, the stainless steel black face Seiko pictured above I had build was $750 USD parts and labor.

Comment

Hmmm I might write him then to make me one, truly beautiful watch and unique. I didn't know about the Seiko mod community but seems quite big and there are some cool pieces out there. The one you made is also ace BTW
                        Last edited by Troklo; 17-07-20, 18:19.

Comment

Hmmm I might write him then to make me one, truly beautiful watch and unique. I didn't know about the Seiko mod community but seems quite big and there are some cool pieces out there. The one you made is also ace BTW
                          Yes it’s a huge and very helpful community. Not sure if I can recommend a Facebook page on here but every possible question you have can get answered in minutes. Thanks for the compliment!

Comment

It really doesn’t take much to start the seiko hobby. It how I spend my rep dollars these days.
                            putting the seiko parts together is really fun and easy since all the parts are made for a very specific tolerances. This sites listed are the main ones. Ajuicenet is in the us and there are others. It’s a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ams55557 View Post
                              It really doesn’t take much to start the seiko hobby. It how I spend my rep dollars these days.
                              putting the seiko parts together is really fun and easy since all the parts are made for a very specific tolerances. This sites listed are the main ones. Ajuicenet is in the us and there are others. It’s a good time.
                              It’s amazing how well some Seikos fit in high end collections. Also great that a full set of tools to completely modify the watch is about $60.

I’ll check out that ajuicenet

Comment

Working...
                              X