• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1970's to 1990's Tag Heuer 1500 pro

omegagmt

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/10
Just purchased a 1970-1999 model Tag Heuer 1500 professional quartz. I've always loved this watch. On the listing it doesn't state the exact year. Does anyone know how to tell from the serial number? Or does the serial number even tell the year?

Here's a pic of the watch dial; love this dial:
eaf3.jpg

Here's a pic of the bracelet:
eaf13.jpg

The clasp:
eaf12.jpg

The crown:
eaf4.jpg

And the caseback with the serial number:
eaf11.jpg

One more pic of the SEL fit; amazing for this age of watch:
eaf7.jpg

If Tag doesn't have the year in the serial number, how do I find out? Probably have to email Tag Heuer customer service. The serial number starts with a 95, wonder is that's the year?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Take it to a TAG AD and ask mate.

omegagmt

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/10
I've been searching all over the web for more info on this watch. So far I've found that there is a mid-size and a full-size. But is there really two different sizes? I found more info on what they call a mid-size which is 36mm or 38mm. I've found very few full-size stating that it 44mm with crown. Does anyone out there know if there is really two sizes in this model? Not talking about a ladies size.

omegagmt

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/10
The watch came in yesterday and I wasn't home to sign for it. This is the second time that they supposedly left a notice that thea package came in and they didn't. the carrier was the USPS. I went to the post office to pick it up and they said it went out for re-delivery. The United States Postal Service has never put any of my shipments out for rd-delivery. What kind of crap is that? The lady at the PO said she would call me when the mail lady got back and would make an exception to let me pick it up after hours. This really ticks me off. Who's to say that if she doesn't call me tonight that they will try and deliver it again tomorrow.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

omegagmt

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/10
Well all that huffing and puffing for nothing. The nice lady at the PO called me and I went to pick up the watch.
WOW! Love this watch. So glad it is the large size. After doing a lot research, I found a 1992 Tag Heuer catalog online. There were 3 different sizes in this model. The lady, mid, and the jumbo size.
On to the pics.

Comparison pic next to my gen omega seamaster which is 41mm. The Tag is 40 mm.
ad6a2d59-053c-63ff.jpg

ad6a2d59-05a2-f12d.jpg

ad6a2d59-05da-543e.jpg

ad6a2d59-05f6-b260.jpg

ad6a2d59-0625-021c.jpg

My plans for this watch in the near future is to send it to Tag Heuer USA for an overhaul. Replace gaskets, battery, waterproofing, etc.

Did I mention that I love this watch. This watch is in great shape for being 19 years old.

omegagmt

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/10
Just changed out the gaskets and waterproof tested it to 300 meters. Awesome. It's rated to 200 meters. Also changed out the rusted old spring bars. It's like a brand new watch. Taking this baby to the Bahamas in a week for vacation. Ready for snorkeling.