• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex BLRO noisy rotor

Salman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/12/19
Hello friends, I just bought 2020 MK3 rolex BLRO, and noticed a very noisy rotor, is that normal? does anybody faced same issue?

krayfish1

Horology Curious
26/6/20
I had a noisy rotor on a GMT master 2 (gen) and had to have the bearings replaced on the rotor.
might be worth doing it sooner rather than later as if the bearings are dry, and are breaking up or creating dirt then those particles will contaminate the rest of the movement think I paid 450 sterling for a new rotor housing and full strip and service plus case rework to look like new.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
What movement is in the one you bought? Some noise would be expected depending on the movement.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Depends on the movement. ETA uses bearing on the rotor so they are going to be audible. Rolex uses jewels and are extremely quite

Salman

2/12/19
I had a noisy rotor on a GMT master 2 (gen) and had to have the bearings replaced on the rotor.
might be worth doing it sooner rather than later as if the bearings are dry, and are breaking up or creating dirt then those particles will contaminate the rest of the movement think I paid 450 sterling for a new rotor housing and full strip and service plus case rework to look like new.

just took my watch from Rolex service center and they told me nothing wrong with the watch, Weird !!

Salman

2/12/19
my new blnr has noisy rotors too
i guess it just needs time to get broken in

i have read in some websites and forums to wind the watch and it will be oki, i haven't did this cuz i sold it yesterday

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
did rolex changed the movement for gmt 2020 ?

Yes, the 32xx movements changed from a jeweled rotor to bearings. The claim is the bearings last longer than jeweled, but they are significantly louder. Seen a number of complaints around the web from people who have bought the new movements regarding this. Personally I prefer jeweled.

Salman

2/12/19
Yes, the 32xx movements changed from a jeweled rotor to bearings. The claim is the bearings last longer than jeweled, but they are significantly louder. Seen a number of complaints around the web from people who have bought the new movements regarding this. Personally I prefer jeweled.

And does the sound disappear with the days ? I'm sorry for asking you, i already sold my watch, but i want you to knowledge me

Sent from the RWI App

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
And does the sound disappear with the days ? I'm sorry for asking you, i already sold my watch, but i want you to knowledge me

Sent from the RWI App

It will always be louder then a jeweled rotor by design

Salman

2/12/19
Thank alot mate

Sent from my iPhone using RWI