• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor BB Chronograph SG

LondonBloke2019

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/19
I've been eyeing this watch for a while, and just decided to buy one. Its being delivered next week. Its a peculiar looking thing, but I couldn't stop lusting after it. Has anybody else got one of these? I bought it on a bund as I have a lot of franken Rolex on gen bracelets, so thought the bund would add to my collection nicely. Anybody else got any love for the BB Chrono SG?

LondonBloke2019

15/6/19
Hi mate

Yes, its really grown on me. I paid £4330 (GBP) for it. I will post some pictures. Its the first new luxury watch I have ever had, the various Rolex (Gen, Franken and Rep/Modded) have always been second hand. I think the chances of it being a good investment are very very very slim, though not zero. It looks nice though, it arrives tomorrow I think.

g007se

15/8/19
Awesome - will look forward to the pics. Where did you get it from? I have the BB58 which I love and the Tudor Heritage Advisor which I think is massively underrated. Dont worry abut the investment side just enjoy the watch. My Advisor was preowned from Goldsmiths and honestly I think that helped me bond with it more than the 58 which I bought new from Harrods. I know the Advisor is not an investment piece and I don't need to baby it - its just my watch (well along with the 12 others...) I love the 58 but I am very careful with it and so not quite as relaxed with it on at work etc.

LondonBloke2019

15/6/19
I got it from AMJ Watches in Newark. They were very good, very efficient, I'd happily deal with them again. One issue I noticed on the watch today, its really pissed me off, the bezel insert is ever so slighly misfitted. At 12 oclock, its well below the edge of the bezel, whereas at 6 oclock its perfectly level with the edge of the bezel. I would say we're talking about a fraction of a millimeter, but its not what I would expect on a £4K watch.

g007se

15/8/19
Ah that is annoying. I feel your pain - I was offered the BB Harrods but when I went to pick it up the bezel was obviously misaligned. They agreed and said they sent to Rolex (November last year) but despite chasing I still haven't heard back so I have pretty much given up on it with the lockdown etc.

You got a fair discount so I may look them up - did you have to negotiate? I was considering another Tudor...