• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Never heard of it, but I really liked it. Bought an 'Yves de Bur'

FerdinandTzeDzjerman

Known Member
Certified
29/10/18
NRW, Germany
Bought this on E-bay, from Spain. Some German E-bay algorithm decided it should really show me this offer in Spain when starting up the app. I immediately fell in love with it.

Even though it looks like someone really did his best to destroy it somewhere between 1995 and now. But that's kind of the charm of course.

Supposedly it has an ETA-2824-2 movement. I still have no clue how to identify these movements, so he might just as well have posted pictures of a Chorizo-sandwich, but the seller seemed legit enough and I underbid a little so I got it cheap enough not to worry too much. I love the look for sure.

Before bidding, I googled the shit out of 'Yves le Bur' and found he was registered in Selzach, Switzerland. Started in 1995, stopped making watches somewehere between 2005 and 2015 as the brand name was no longer renewed in Switzerland. Some of the watches I could find would go for about 280 Euros, (in a much better condition, but totally boring models) and some really ugly ones even sold for the astronomical price of.... 1 Euro on a Swiss auctions site.

So the brand was not a selling point exactly. Even if the watch turns out to be shit I must say that I really enjoyed looking stuff up about the brand and getting it cheaper.

Cost me 120 Euros including international shipping to Germany.

Just wondering: what would you guys do? Leave it like this? Bury it somewhere in my garden? I was thinking of buying a Nato-strap (James Bond-ish) and a pearl pip. But I'm not sure yet.

Let me know what you guys think!
tD4bD.jpg
tDuBo.jpg
tDs5k.jpg
tDwTY.jpg
tDvNJ.jpg
tDEKP.jpg
tDRMS.jpg
tDN9W.jpg
tDFDQ.jpg
tDGqL.jpg
tDSTR.jpg

Last edited:

FerdinandTzeDzjerman

Known Member
Certified
29/10/18
NRW, Germany
True, as long as I like it :)

I think it originally had a pearl pip, so next project is probably checking the color of the lume (if there's any left).

I think I'll have it serviced right away, I'll have to send in my ARF to the watchmaker anyway to have the cf bezel inserted. Seller mentioned the manual winding doesn't work so I'll have that fixed as well.

Thanks for your good wishes! The best of health to you as well! It's funny how this sentence means a lot more now than it did like three months ago.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
That looks very nice. A steal! Get it serviced and voila, new daily. Get it pressure tested, too.

After a second look, it reminds me of a watch I used to own. Bought by my father. God knows where it is.

Last edited:

FerdinandTzeDzjerman

Known Member
Certified
29/10/18
NRW, Germany
Will do!

Fathers and watches is really a thing. My son (6) sees me look at watches online and gives his opinion on them. 'That's nice. Nicer than your watch, but your watch is also beautiful dad."

I can still remember my dad's first digital watch. I was about the same age. Funny thing is he doesn't care for it too much, he's still proud of it but he never wears it anymore. He bought my smart watch two years ago and he' 's totally cray about it still.

Reactions: mclarendude

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Will do!

Fathers and watches is really a thing. My son (6) sees me look at watches online and gives his opinion on them. 'That's nice. Nicer than your watch, but your watch is also beautiful dad."

I can still remember my dad's first digital watch. I was about the same age. Funny thing is he doesn't care for it too much, he's still proud of it but he never wears it anymore. He bought my smart watch two years ago and he' 's totally cray about it still.

That is beautiful. My dad stopped wearing watches long time ago. But always endorsed my hobby.

When I bought my first gen, my current Seamaster Pro and I told him I did, he almost cried. Still asks about it almost every time we speak.

Reactions: stufuse

FerdinandTzeDzjerman

Known Member
Certified
29/10/18
NRW, Germany
Man, that's just great. I hope to have those moments as well in the future! Not just with watches of course. Haha here we are almost getting sentimental on other sides of the world.!

I love that watch by the way! I take it it's the one in your signature? Man, that's a different ballgame. Not there yet by a very long shot :)

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
That watch can tell some stories I bet! I strangely like its battered charm! It is kind of 5 digit submariner-esque! Wear it in good health and be the only guy you know that has one!!!

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Will do!

I can agree with this totally! I remember always wanting to wear my dads watch! My nephew is the same with me now! Start em young! They are the future of RWI!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Man, that's just great. I hope to have those moments as well in the future! Not just with watches of course. Haha here we are almost getting sentimental on other sides of the world.!

I love that watch by the way! I take it it's the one in your signature? Man, that's a different ballgame. Not there yet by a very long shot :)

The one of my siggy is the model after mine.

f7d611a860e4214b44bd177e6c862c37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FerdinandTzeDzjerman

Known Member
Certified
29/10/18
NRW, Germany
The one of my siggy is the model after mine.

f7d611a860e4214b44bd177e6c862c37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That watch is really beautiful. I would love to go for a beautiful blue watch one day as well (probbly not a gen Omega though, -no funds for that in the foreseeable future-)

Aaaand.....-slightly off topic-, my son asked me what that blue thing on the floor is. I thought it was a frisbee, my son thinks its a Roomba vacuum cleaner.

Last edited:

FerdinandTzeDzjerman

Known Member
Certified
29/10/18
NRW, Germany
You guys might be wondering why my son always checks out my screen, but because of Covid-19 he's being homeschooled -by me-. I'm a teacher and I'm teaching online. Whenever both the kids I teach and my son are making assignments I just browse away.