• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datewheel legit check

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Hey guys. Wanted to get a professional opinion from you all about a datewheel I found on the bay. Asking price is $80 with $10 shipping, which seems pretty low to me. One of his discs was slightly damaged, but this one looks to be in really good shape. Here are my concerns...
The date font is awfully thin compared to the other I'm looking at. Also, the teeth appear more sharp and triangular rather than rounded like the comparison one. Here is the one for sale on the bay...
And the comparison on is one from a thread here that has 10 of them for sale, new but un-blistered. Here is the thread...
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...es/8587076-10x-gen-rolex-3135-16200-date-disc

And here is the photo...

They are both supposed to be for a 3135... and I have faith that the one posted here is genuine. My question is about the one on the bay. Any help would be appreciated.

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
What I can see here is different architecture on the teeth and a bit slimmer numbers. The print quality seems okay, but maybe you could ask for some straight on pictures like the one you included above. Did this person disclose the part number of the datewheel? As in 3135-16200 etc?

Reactions: sickopsycho

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
It was honestly difficult to get the picture I received, which was another red flag. I'll give it a shot, I'm not planning on pulling the trigger if I'm unsure about it's authenticity. You're right, the print does seem legit- it's clearly slightly raised with a good finish, and the font looks spot on... it's just the thickness of the numbers... and yeah- the teeth. I don;t think it would be from wear, as it's even on both sides of the teeth. I'll post back if I can get a good face on picture back.

Edit: now that I look at it, the teeth aren't lined up with the date at all as they are on the reference. I wonder if this is not the same part number.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingsman

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
was it stated it was for a 3135? The teeth are off as mentioned. It's not a typical rep one as the teeth are silver in most iterations. Here's a good comparison picture for reference. https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/326143-3135-date-disc-options

I'd venture it's probably for an older reference. I know my 16800 with open 6 & 9 is a finer print then my GMT. Regardless, if the seller is not cooperative to give pictures then just walk away.

Reactions: sickopsycho