• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best advice for spending 3K on watch.

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
Model 3510.50 for reduced 3750.50 for 42mm Moonwatch.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
A slight more than 3k, Tudor pelagos LHD.

I love mine and it's very nice piece
500m Waterproof, 70h power reserve, the most comfortable braclet ever with spring adjust, lume can light your patch in the darkness and titanium.
​​​​​​Can't beat that for the price

Last edited:

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
A slight more than 3k, Tudor pelagos LHD.

I love mine and it's very nice piece
500m Waterproof, 70h power reserve, the most comfortable braclet ever with spring adjust, lume can light your patch in the darkness and titanium.
​​​​​​Can't beat that for the price
I like this, don't know about the LHD though. I'm right handed. I see it at AD about $4500 Jomashop for $3700. Do you lose warranty with these grey market sellers? Pre owned is about $3500. I could probably swing an extra 5 bills.

Reactions: Oascom

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I like this, don't know about the LHD though. I'm right handed. I see it at AD about $4500 Jomashop for $3700. Do you lose warranty with these grey market sellers? Pre owned is about $3500. I could probably swing an extra 5 bills.

I'm right handed too and it wears perfect on left hand. It's actually more comfortable as you don't hit crown with your wrist.

I was told by ad that you might lose warranty as it's considered second hand and was told by online retailer that you don't lose it so idk.

I got a deal for 3800+ tax from local Rolex / Tudor ad here with full warranty plus they gave me extra one year.

​​​​​​

Reactions: DaleM

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
I've just seen this pelagos at the AD just this past week they had two! One with vintage lume and one with the white let me tell you, it's a beauty in the flesh pictures cant do it's justice

Reactions: Oascom

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16

I've purchased my TAG Aquaracer at jomashop had stickers left on the bracelet. Soon after I received it I noticed was loosing time! They took care of it no charge, they have a service center they send out to. They cleaned and serviced my movement and it's keeping excellent time and power reserve.
only thing is it took 2 months from the day it left my hands till the day it came back to me

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I've just seen this pelagos at the AD just this past week they had two! One with vintage lume and one with the white let me tell you, it's a beauty in the flesh pictures cant do it's justice

Yup. The detail of the dial, real titanium etc in real life is amazing. And that mate ceramic insert looks soooo good. Matching dial perfectly

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
576db82b906431e11b76932c4c7092f4.jpg

Hands down. Not even 3k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I approve this message :cool:

..ps I've been looking at these and I'm leaning towards the one before the applied hr markers. It's the same you got!

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
Great looking watch. How does it wear, my sweet spot is a 40mm-42mm on my 7 in wrist. 40mm is just about perfect, but depending on lug to lug length a 42 works also. I've had a Black Bay 41 and it fits fine, does the Pelogos wear similar to the BB 41 or bigger?

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
It's a 42mm watch but since it's titanium so much lighter than SS it wears like regular 40mm I would say.

​​​​​​I wear it all the time and is the most comfortable watch I had in that size. Bracelet is more comfortable than my jubilee 1675. That spring mechanism is wonderful you won't regret it.

Basekomp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/18
There are so many great watches around the $3k mark . I guess it really depends on the type of watch you’re looking for, your life (to match your lifestyle), and whether or not you want new or pre-owned. I’ll throw some ideas that come to my mind.

I’d go pre-loved to stretch the dollar. Now that I think of it, there are very few watches I would buy new. Buying at the right price is also important, as If want to sell, I want to make my money back at a minimum.

Personally I would stay away from the speedy reduced. They’re temping due to price, but I don’t like the movement. The cheapie used ones will probably need service as well, which ain’t cheap. The sizing isn’t that much different as well. If you’re patient, you should’ve able to find a good example of standard speedy. I’ve found the FOIS for 3000-3200. For most sea masters, I think they’re NWBIG.

My advice to my watch friends is always Grand Seiko, preowned, preferably spring drive, but I also like the newer hi beat movements. Surprised this hasn’t come up yet honestly. Everything is in house, hand made, amazing finishing, great history and is a watch guy’s watch. Personally I also love that they’re kind of low key.

For me now, I would just build a Franken unless there’s something I’ve been eyeballing forever. The thrill of the hunt for parts would keep me more occupied, I may or may not put it together myself, and in the end, could be indistinguishable from gen. I think of it like building/modding an previous generation 911 (997) or buying a new 911 (991).

Damn that was long!

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
It's a 42mm watch but since it's titanium so much lighter than SS it wears like regular 40mm I would say.

​​​​​​I wear it all the time and is the most comfortable watch I had in that size. Bracelet is more comfortable than my jubilee 1675. That spring mechanism is wonderful you won't regret it.

I'm leaning hard towards Pelogos now after doing my research. That's the vintage lume you have 25610?