• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best advice for spending 3K on watch.

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
Hey guys thinking about buying a mid level luxury watch with a 3K budget I would like to hear ideas and suggestions to help me decide. I'm thinking Omega Speedmaster reduced, it may be too small though, Brietling superocean and I recently saw a Ball watch roadmaster GMT that peaked my interest. Let me have your thoughts thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
PS I know 3K is not really mid-level is entry-level but that's my budget. I've also looked at Tags and
Longines.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
personally, the Oris watches represent very good value, and i can only see them increasing in price as they increase there sales....

Reactions: axel.gold

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
PS I know 3K is not really mid-level is entry-level but that's my budget. I've also looked at Tags and
Longines.

I have Two Ball watches in my sights. Their Ball Road master, Vanguard in Blue and the Hydrocarbon Original 15th Anniversary. Leaning towards the Hydro.

Getting a COSC tested watch with some nice upgrades to the Swiss movement.
https://www.ballwatch.com/global/en-GB/technology.html

Last edited:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I have Two Ball watches in my sights. Their Ball Road master, Vanguard in Blue and the Hydrocarbon Original 15th Anniversary. Leaning towards the Hydro.

Ball has done some amazing work as of late , im really impressed with the springlock and the springseal !

Reactions: DaleM

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida

I was about to spring for the Ball when I said to myself let me ask the forum for some suggestions. The Ball Hydro Original and the new Batman Roadmaster GMT are a whole lot of bang for the money. They are also only brand besides the R factory using 904L in their watches.

Reactions: DaleM

bjorn2019

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/17
Around 3k, check out the rolex 1601
Classy, iconic, great movement and relatively cheap to maintain, also keeps its value really well
One of my all time fav

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
576db82b906431e11b76932c4c7092f4.jpg

Hands down. Not even 3k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
If bauhaus and dress is your cup of tea, then try look at Nomos watch.
I also like Bedat & co.
There... 2 obscure brands that I suggested that's unique and not repped

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
If bauhaus and dress is your cup of tea, then try look at Nomos watch.
I also like Bedat & co.
There... 2 obscure brands that I suggested that's unique and not repped

Thanks, kind of looking for an everyday watch, I don't dress up a lot these days. Nomos I've heard of, Bedat I'm not familiar with.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Around 3k, check out the rolex 1601
Classy, iconic, great movement and relatively cheap to maintain, also keeps its value really well
One of my all time fav
1601 is a great idea but I think a decent one might be over 3K.

Another option is a Tudor Black Bay or Black Bay 58.

Oris is also a great idea, but I would go for vintage as they are still underpriced.

If OP like vintage, Rolex Air King is another option, a silver dial is very understated and whack on a nice leather strap is quite classy and it will definitely be less than 3K

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: axel.gold

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Yeah can't go wrong with the Seamaster "blue wave". It used to be on my list of watches to get, there are so many kind of forgot about it.

It is a wonderful watch, to be honest. I’m a Bond fan so it was a easy choice for my first big gen. But, even if you don’t care for the Bond connection, it’s amazing. Comfortable, reliable, easy to service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
1601 is a great idea but I think a decent one might be over 3K.

Another option is a Tudor Black Bay or Black Bay 58.

Oris is also a great idea, but I would go for vintage as they are still underpriced.

If OP like vintage, Rolex Air King is another option, a silver dial is very understated and whack on a nice leather strap is quite classy and it will definitely be less than 3K

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Tudor is one I also have been looking at, BB58 is on back order and closer to 4K, the regular Black Bay models are right at 3K grey market price. I leaning toward the Ball watch because of bang for buck. https://shop.ballwatch.ch/en/rmmgmtc. Or the Hydocarbon Original https://www.gnomonwatches.com/produ...ef-dm2118b-scj-bk?_pos=1&_sid=3540d4c2c&_ss=r. And I can buy it direct for manufacturer.

D Ramone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/18
UK
Hi, You can easily get a Omega Seamaster Moonwatch 42mm for under 3k ?