• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Next Gen Purchase... Orient Star?

Jaguarbamf

Horology Curious
2/11/19
Pennsylvania
Howdy All!

I just placed an order with Puretime this week for a Spectre Aqua Terra, and it’s got me thinking about a Gen purchase on a budget.

While browsing local ads, I saw a stunning Orient Star Classic. I have always wanted a skeleton watch, and this looks like one of the best choices under 1K.

Is anyone aware of any reps of this model? Is there anything that I should be looking out for? There are minor scuffs on the case and lugs, but overall it is in good condition. Is anyone a current or past owner of this timepiece? Any input is appreciated!

I can post pictures from the seller here if permitted. I have not agreed to purchase the watch at this moment, but I informed the seller I would be in contact with them soon.

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
Orient is a great company with a good heritage. They are owned by Seiko but they use 100% in-house movements.

An Orient Star is not on par with a Grand Seiko, but definitely a step up from a standard Orient (Bambino, Mako, Nami, etc.), which are all good in their own right.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk