• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster pro 2005 service

SotightIsqueak

Horology Curious
6/8/19
Hello

I just went to pick up my seamaster after a service, they have sent it back with a different clasp.

The one that was on it originally was slightly longer and had omega seamaster professional engraved on it.

The new one is shorter and only says omega.

I have left it with the jeweller as this has resulted me needing extra links put into it which I have at home.

My question is will this affect resell value?

Should a ask that the original clasp be put back on?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Sent from the RWI App

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
So you are saying you had your Gen Seamaster serviced and it came back (from Omega?) with a different clasp?

Did they give any reason why the clasp was changed?
Did they charge you for the new clasp?

Pictures would help.

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
I am guessing your original looked like the below:
5nO64.jpg

and they put on this one (which should have the new micro adjustment feature)
5nIAj.jpg

personally (if the above is true), I would ask for the original back, but was there anything non functioning on the original where the clasp needed changed? I think those original clasps might not be available any longer if they needed to repair or replace the original.

SotightIsqueak

Horology Curious
6/8/19
Yes was sent to swatch group by a jeweller.

They tried to say that they wouldn’t have changed the clasp without charging for it, which they didn’t as it wasn’t on the break down for service carried out.

So I’m not complaining I’m sure they would love to get the old arm in for a charge on it, my concern is more about the resell value or any issues that may come up from a different part being added.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

SotightIsqueak

Horology Curious
6/8/19
I am guessing your original looked like the below:
5nO64.jpg

and they put on this one (which should have the new micro adjustment feature)
5nIAj.jpg

personally (if the above is true), I would ask for the original back, but was there anything non functioning on the original where the clasp needed changed? I think those original clasps might not be available any longer if they needed to repair or replace the original.

Your spot on cheesemonger. To be fair I don’t see why they would have changed it. Was fine some slight wear and tear but no other issues.

Unfortunately I didn’t take and pics so apologies couldn’t do this myself

Sent from the RWI App

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
I would ask them for the original one back. Doesn’t make sense to change it out unless the clasp would no longer “grab” correctly or if the diver extension would no longer stay in place inside the clasp.

SotightIsqueak

Horology Curious
6/8/19
I would ask them for the original one back. Doesn’t make sense to change it out unless the clasp would no longer “grab” correctly or if the diver extension would no longer stay in place inside the clasp.

Cheers for the advice, clasp was holding fine and to be honest the diver extension was opened once or twice ever.

Sent from the RWI App

SotightIsqueak

Horology Curious
6/8/19
Quick update on this one, kinda find it hard to believe but here goes

After the jeweller trying to tell me that the clasp had not been changed I took a spare link I had in to be added.

Turns out they changed the whole bracelet, as the link could not be added.

After a week they called me back to inform me that during the service they had fitted my bracelet to another customers watch!

So now swatch are trying to work out how this happened and if they can sort this issue out.

Normally I’m not a dick about this kinda thing but I’m enjoying watching the jeweller squirm here, and I’ll definitely be looking them to take a hit over the fee for the service.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
During my first year on the various forums, getting into watch collecting, I’ve developed a really deep dislike for the service departments of the big brand watch manufacturers - thanks to hearing one story after another like this!

I really hope this gets sorted out for you SotightIsqueak - I’d be absolutely raging if this had happened to a watch of mine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SotightIsqueak

Horology Curious
6/8/19
During my first year on the various forums, getting into watch collecting, I’ve developed a really deep dislike for the service departments of the big brand watch manufacturers - thanks to hearing one story after another like this!

I really hope this gets sorted out for you SotightIsqueak - I’d be absolutely raging if this had happened to a watch of mine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers mate. Yeah not good, especially since I’m paying for a service that’s price would have bought me a nice rep!

Sent from the RWI App

SotightIsqueak

Horology Curious
6/8/19
Final update I promise

Got word from jeweller, omega have ‘given me complimentary links’ for the new bracelet with no charge.

The jeweller has also given me a discount for the inconvenience (from 450 to 395)

To have a rant, I bought the watch thinking yes quality will have no hassles etc etc. But to be fair buying reps you get what you pay for.

It’s shits the bed fuck it, was £400 or whatever.

Anyone think I should have told them I’m not paying a bean for the service and been an asshole? Has anyone else had this kinda issue?

Sent from my iPad using RWI