• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me choose a new watch

Kuumpirukas

Horology Curious
10/12/19
I'm looking for a new timepiece but can't seem to zone in on one that checks all the boxes:

36-40 mm
thin (less than 12mm)
field/pilot watch aesthetics
good lume
sapphire
20mm strap

At first I thought about just getting a Timex explorer midsize. Info about it ticking loudly and the second hand not hitting the indices precisely made me rething it.
Next came Seiko SNK803 or 806 , with these I'm afraid the 18mm strap will be too skinny.
Then I decided that Hamilton would be perfect. Now I have found out that the lume on those is pretty poor, as is the crystal.
So now I'm out of ideas.

Any suggestions?

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Buddy this is your sand pit so you play in it. Its your choice because if we offer alternatives you would say 'yeh but'............

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Hamilton, Seiko, Timex, ones you considered wont fall within the normal discussions of a replica forum. Not that replicas of these are looked down upon, just that demand for replicas of Rolex, AP, PP, Omega and such are of more public interest.

Kuumpirukas

Horology Curious
10/12/19
What about microbrands like san martin for example or others with a more homage'y approach like getat watch.