• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this Rolex Submariner 14060 gen?

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
I have some news.....
The seller contacted me.....he said he bought it from HQ Milton about 3 years ago. He also sent me new pictures.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

julien99999999

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/18
he has no shoes or socks. weird. I'm pretty sure he has no underpants. be careful

(clasp code z11 = nov97, right?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fukaru

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
I talked to him by phone at 11:45 and he was eating his breakfast.....so yes....weird guy.

Reactions: RepC and nest1

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
Weird guy.....but he has the watch and it looks gen. I can get it for 6‘150$, but I‘m not sure if the gen is worth it. Man I have some really hard problems in my life.........

But thank you all for your responses, I really apreciate that, especially the silly ones :)

julien99999999

Banned
9/9/18
the price is fair. It s a non-volatile investment.
If you think at the current negative interest rate environnement in Europe, you should buy it! Unless you don’t like it.
If one day you want to sell it to a trusted shop, they will charge you 20 or 30% of the final price (about 6.5k or 6.9)

julien99999999

Banned
9/9/18
I just forgot to say that I would not buy a gen in the street, but maybe you run fast.

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
xray
Why are you so sure about that? The story matches (he bought the watch from HQ Milton) and he also sent new pictures. I can visit him and we will make the deal. He‘s also okay with opening the watch to get a look at the movement. And I can‘t find a replica of this model with a caliber 3000.

Last edited:

julien99999999

Banned
9/9/18
he has a rolex case opener with him? a rope and a strap-on dildo? I guess all will be ok.

You won’t find anybody here who will say it’s a zero risk deal. You can loose 6k, skilled scammers can also change the watch like magicians, but you can also be attacked physically, during the deal or just after. add 500€ and go to a shop, get a one or two years guarantee. You will have an invoice. It’s a sound investment, if you re not happy with it, you could sell it at the same price in few years.

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
Every shop here in Switzerland sells them for 7900.-, so it‘s 1‘800.- difference. I wouldn’t discuss about 500.-

RepC

6/9/19
Hard to give you advise on this one. For sure with these types of watches, if it seems to good to be true, it mostly is. But then again it could go all smooth. You’ll never know untill you actually make the call to go. But if you’re going through with it, make it as safe as possible for yourself. Let him know up front that you’re not taking cash. Take your time and meet at a place that feels comfortable and safe. It has to go according to your rules. If it doesn’t feel ok, don’t go. It isn’t worth the 1800

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
Thank you for the friendly advice, I appreciate it.

julien99999999

Banned
9/9/18
There is another 14060 at HQ Milton ! At 6700$ shipped. But you may have importation fees. 20%? so about 1400$.... you should check. But I have an alternative: reserve this watch, buy a plane ticket to San Francisco at 1400$, buy the watch on site at HQ Milton, have fun in SF for few days, rent a car, go to Vegas, win 1400$, come back safe, and send us pics.

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
You won‘t believe I had thought also about this plan. I‘m planning to go to Florida in spring, so maybe I will change my plans/destination to California :)

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
Update.....I bought the watch.......

julien99999999 you were right......the strap on hurted a bit but I kind of liked it, we will meet again in the near future.
he has a rolex case opener with him? a rope and a strap-on dildo? I guess all will be ok.

Jokes beside....I bought the seller not the watch, got some new infos about him, he had made several deals with HQ Milton in the past and also in Zürich. So we met in a coffeeshop, had a nice talk for about 1 hour about watches and I bought the watch. We made a contract, including a refund policy if anything is not okay with the watch. And of course his ID Number is on the contract.

Of course still a risky deal....but hey....no risk no fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

RepC

6/9/19
Damn nice watch bro... wear it in good health. So we see, not everything is like it seems. Awesome you pulled through and went with your gut feeling and just bought the damn thing.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Great watch. beautiful. I was going to say it has to be gen, with those crown guards, unless a real professional worked them into that shape, and that's tough. and was still a great catch by Tripdog. great work. That's what I always have loved about the site. People are always looking out. congrats on a beautiful watch bro.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Very Interesting read, the 14060 two liner, is my fave watch. Good price, looks in good condition too. Nice work. Share some more pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
Yesterday I opened the watch and also the movement looks fine.

The watch has some scratches but nothing serious. It looks like it was never polished and is in good shape. I really like it and it fits my wrist perfect. For me it‘s more important to have a watch in the right size, weight and fittment than just a good looking one.

Now I can see the difference to the reps but I have to say, the reps are also absolutely great. For me the reason is more to have the real deal. Unfortunately no one is asking me about my gen Speedy or IWC but when it‘s a Rolex everyone asks if it‘s gen. You can wear a Patek and no one will ask, but Rolex is the brand which every kid knows.

Fun fact, I already had a ARF 116610 and got asked, is this a gen and I said no, it‘s fake!!! And no one believed it. Most of the reaction was „haha yeah for sure it‘s a fake“. Interesting reaction, maybe it‘s something like „twisted psychology“.

All in all, I like the watch, it was a good smooth deal with a pretty nice guy and the price is also okay. I hope I will habe fun for s long time. Maybe I will upload some more pics in the future.

Reactions: stufuse and leo6929