• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this Rolex Submariner 14060 gen?

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
I can‘t find a 14060 replica so I decided to go gen. Found a good offer but without papers. How save is it to buy a watch like that? It should have the caliber 3000 and I‘m not sure if there is a clone. I don‘t know about one and also on my research I didn‘t found one. So it should be a save way just to open the watch and check for the movement? I‘m right or is there anyone which knows about a 14060 with a caliber 3000? I have some pictures from the watch, maybe the experts here are able to spot it if it‘s a rep. Would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:

RepC

6/9/19
Which Year is it? Look gen to me. You can always ask for closup pictures from the clasp/codes tot verify them. And are you buying online or at a dealer?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
RepC
According to the seller it‘s from 1997. But he has no papers at all. I‘m buying online (plattform like ebay) but I can get it personally. So maybe I‘m able to open it before I buy.

@tripdog

Why on HQ Milton? Ahhh I see they have pictures which look similiar.....but it‘s not from them, it‘s a private seller.

Last edited:
Reactions: MHX

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
RepC
According to the seller it‘s from 1997. But he has no papers at all. I‘m buying online (plattform like ebay) but I can get it personally. So maybe I‘m able to open it before I buy.

@tripdog

Why on HQ Milton? Ahhh I see they have pictures which look similiar.....but it‘s not from them, it‘s a private seller.

Those photos have been stolen from HQ Milton, you are possibly being scammed - considering the pics have been reworked, framed etc, I would say it's almost certainly a scam.

This is the watch you are being offered:

https://www.hqmilton.com/timepieces/70l5y2o4/1997-rolex-submariner-14060-7052

Ask your seller where he bought the watch - unless he answers HQ Milton, you should report him for attempted fraud.

If he bought it off HQ Milton you should ask him why he's using old photos to sell the watch.

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Those photos have been stolen from HQ Milton, you are possibly being scammed - considering the pics have been reworked, framed etc, I would say it's almost certainly a scam.
Ask your seller where he bought the watch - unless he answers HQ Milton, you should report him for attempted fraud.
If he bought it off HQ Milton you should ask him why he's using old photos to sell the watch.

Not all heroes wear a cape...

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
Wow......really great help.......I appreciate that a lot.....I eill ask exactly this question. Stay tuned maybe it will be interesting:)
He said he would go to Bucherer (AD in Zurich) to check the watch if I have trust issues. But I know that Bucherer don‘t check watches from other sources.

Maybe it‘s fraud......maybe hf bought it from HQ Milton. But that‘s not really logic for me because there are enough watches in Switzerland. Mybe at higher prices but from the US you have to pay taxes.

Last edited:

reptime101

15/9/18

Legend

julien99999999

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/18
Ok, I understand. Google's "Search by image" is powered by Tripdog

xray7

Renowned Member
1/4/18
Old Dart
He said he would go to Bucherer (AD in Zurich) to check the watch if I have trust issues. But I know that Bucherer don‘t check watches from other sources.

And right up to the point that you're due to meet him, that'd probably be the same story he'd be spinning, too.

julien99999999

Banned
9/9/18
Official Rolex dealers could accept to check a watch for their best clients, but you need an appointment for that. That’s what they do in Paris 6. But you can't make the deal in the shop (a guy can't sell a used watch to another guy inside a Rolex shop, of course). The legend says that they even could check the secret world blacklist of stolen rolex. But you should buy few watches in this shop before ask for such a service. Not Air king stufff. That’s what gentlemen do. ;) If they don’t know who you are, they might refuse to help you.

Last edited:

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
It looks like I asked too much questions, he‘s no more responding. Would be a good deal for 6300$ but maybe I should pay more and get a „safe“ watch from Bucherer.

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It looks like I asked too much questions, he‘s no more responding. Would be a good deal for 6300$ but maybe I should pay more and get a „safe“ watch from Bucherer.

Doesn't matter if he was selling it for $63.99 - it was a scam, he doesn't own the watch.

Reactions: stufuse and Tucker

julien99999999

Banned
9/9/18
I ve never been to bucherer zurich, but here in Paris Bucherer is just bunch of clowns who sell ugly watches to tastless chinese tourists

Rayquaza

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
25/1/19
This is a scam !!

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
I ve never been to bucherer zurich, but here in Paris Bucherer is just bunch of clowns who sell ugly watches to tastless chinese tourists

That‘s possible, in Switzerland they have a really great reputation. They also a certified rolex service center and it looks like they do a good job. I have no experience with them but what you can hear they are good. But maybe all AD‘s in Switzerland are a „bunch of clowns“ :)

Last edited: