No announcement yet.

Is this Rolex Submariner 14060 gen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to give you advise on this one. For sure with these types of watches, if it seems to good to be true, it mostly is. But then again it could go all smooth. You’ll never know untill you actually make the call to go. But if you’re going through with it, make it as safe as possible for yourself. Let him know up front that you’re not taking cash. Take your time and meet at a place that feels comfortable and safe. It has to go according to your rules. If it doesn’t feel ok, don’t go. It isn’t worth the 1800

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for the friendly advice, I appreciate it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

There is another 14060 at HQ Milton ! At 6700$ shipped. But you may have importation fees. 20%? so about 1400$.... you should check. But I have an alternative: reserve this watch, buy a plane ticket to San Francisco at 1400$, buy the watch on site at HQ Milton, have fun in SF for few days, rent a car, go to Vegas, win 1400$, come back safe, and send us pics.

Comment

You won‘t believe I had thought also about this plan. I‘m planning to go to Florida in spring, so maybe I will change my plans/destination to California :-)

Comment

why not meeting up at a trusted shop and make the deal there?

Comment

Update.....I bought the watch.......

julien99999999 you were right......the strap on hurted a bit but I kind of liked it, we will meet again in the near future.
              Originally posted by julien99999999 View Post
              he has a rolex case opener with him? a rope and a strap-on dildo? I guess all will be ok.
              Jokes beside....I bought the seller not the watch, got some new infos about him, he had made several deals with HQ Milton in the past and also in Zürich. So we met in a coffeeshop, had a nice talk for about 1 hour about watches and I bought the watch. We made a contract, including a refund policy if anything is not okay with the watch. And of course his ID Number is on the contract.

Of course still a risky deal....but hey....no risk no fun.

Last edited by Rubens100; 22-10-19, 17:19.

Comment

Damn nice watch bro... wear it in good health. So we see, not everything is like it seems. Awesome you pulled through and went with your gut feeling and just bought the damn thing.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Great watch. beautiful. I was going to say it has to be gen, with those crown guards, unless a real professional worked them into that shape, and that's tough. and was still a great catch by Tripdog. great work. That's what I always have loved about the site. People are always looking out. congrats on a beautiful watch bro.

Comment

Very Interesting read, the 14060 two liner, is my fave watch. Good price, looks in good condition too. Nice work. Share some more pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yesterday I opened the watch and also the movement looks fine.

The watch has some scratches but nothing serious. It looks like it was never polished and is in good shape. I really like it and it fits my wrist perfect. For me it‘s more important to have a watch in the right size, weight and fittment than just a good looking one.

Now I can see the difference to the reps but I have to say, the reps are also absolutely great. For me the reason is more to have the real deal. Unfortunately no one is asking me about my gen Speedy or IWC but when it‘s a Rolex everyone asks if it‘s gen. You can wear a Patek and no one will ask, but Rolex is the brand which every kid knows.

Fun fact, I already had a ARF 116610 and got asked, is this a gen and I said no, it‘s fake!!! And no one believed it. Most of the reaction was „haha yeah for sure it‘s a fake“. Interesting reaction, maybe it‘s something like „twisted psychology“.

All in all, I like the watch, it was a good smooth deal with a pretty nice guy and the price is also okay. I hope I will habe fun for s long time. Maybe I will upload some more pics in the future.

Comment

Theres some money to be made for the risk takers - sadly I'm not one of them, I've got so many amazing 'super clones' and frankens that I wont risk it now - I either buy from AD or 'buy the seller' which normally means face to face transaction, I can or my friendly waychsmith can inspect and I almost always want a full set (ideally with original purchase receipt). So no bargains for me but also no anxiety.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Last edited by MrX; 27-10-19, 18:12.

Comment

Working...
                        X