• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bulova Royal Oak

RepC

6/9/19
Hi guys,

I came across this Bulova Royal Oak from 1979. I was wondering what you guys think about this watch. Comes from a collector at €1600,- asking price. Stated as serviced and new crystal. Would love to share thoughts. I think they are pretty rare and I see some pretty ridiculous prices on Chrono even up to €2500 - €3000.

18011ecfebf8a704d9b3d58523cc0610.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

fleadepot

24/7/10
Hampshire
Looks very nice. Value wise it's very difficult to make a judgement as I don't think there is any big demand for vintage bulovas. Personally I would not pay anywhere close to eur 1600 for it. If.it was 500 or so maybe it's get it just because it's nice. For 1600 on second hand genes market you can get some very nice omega seamasters, higher end th carrera chrono, even a nice modern breitling. All autos of course and all appreciating a fair bit.in value almost every year ( if bought at the right price). On the other hand if you simply love the looks of it and have the money to spare why not.

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
I agree I think paying over 1k USD is unreasonable for these. I haven't seen them go recently, but they are on /r/watchexchange once or twice a year. I'd hold and wait for a better price. These are really cool pieces though, if you're into quartz, want something from a well established, gen, well-known company, but also want a royal oak clone.

RepC

6/9/19
This is not the quartz movement. This one is the automatic variant, the quartz types i’ve seen under a grand. But still, 1600 feels like a lot. But now I spend 3K on a franken 116610 LOL. This hobby is an endless money pit. Not going through with the Bulova. Thnx guys.

Reactions: rabl253