Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulova Royal Oak

Hi guys,

I came across this Bulova Royal Oak from 1979. I was wondering what you guys think about this watch. Comes from a collector at €1600,- asking price. Stated as serviced and new crystal. Would love to share thoughts. I think they are pretty rare and I see some pretty ridiculous prices on Chrono even up to €2500 - €3000.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Looks very nice. Value wise it's very difficult to make a judgement as I don't think there is any big demand for vintage bulovas. Personally I would not pay anywhere close to eur 1600 for it. If.it was 500 or so maybe it's get it just because it's nice. For 1600 on second hand genes market you can get some very nice omega seamasters, higher end th carrera chrono, even a nice modern breitling. All autos of course and all appreciating a fair bit.in value almost every year ( if bought at the right price). On the other hand if you simply love the looks of it and have the money to spare why not.
      Gens:
      Breitling D22232 and A17388, Rolex 1603 and 114210, Omega de Ville quartz and SMP 41mm , Tag CAR2110 and CAR2B10
      Reps:
      Breitling SA v2 franken, SA v3, exp1 14270, 214270, AK 116900, Hulk 116610LV, Kermit 16610LV, Tudor MC7032

Comment

I agree I think paying over 1k USD is unreasonable for these. I haven't seen them go recently, but they are on /r/watchexchange once or twice a year. I'd hold and wait for a better price. These are really cool pieces though, if you're into quartz, want something from a well established, gen, well-known company, but also want a royal oak clone.
        Gen: G Shocks GW9400 (Red, Yellow), GW5000 (Black), GW6900 (Black w Combi), DW5600MW-7 (White), GLX5600A-2 (Blue), Seiko Spring Drive MarineMaster SBDB009, Timex IronMan, Daniel Wellington

Rep: Tudor Sub 7928

WTB: YG Gen & Rep Rolex Day-Date with Champagne dial with baton indices, Something skeletonized Rep or Gen, Rep Omega Seamaster Diver 300m, Gen Marathon General Purpose Quartz WW194015BK

Comment

This is not the quartz movement. This one is the automatic variant, the quartz types i’ve seen under a grand. But still, 1600 feels like a lot. But now I spend 3K on a franken 116610 LOL. This hobby is an endless money pit. Not going through with the Bulova. Thnx guys.

Comment

Working...
          X