• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brand new Rolex 116610LV Hulk

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
Dear RWIs

A good friend of mine managed to find a brand new gen Rolex 116610LV Hulk for 12500 euros from the local AD
The retail price is 8600 euros but buying it for this price is impossible
Actually...from what I read it's way too difficult to even find an LV from an AD

so,,,,big question...should I make a move and buy it?
The prices are going up and there are rumors that Rolex will discontinue the LV

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Dear RWIs

A good friend of mine managed to find a brand new gen Rolex 116610LV Hulk for 12500 euros from the local AD
The retail price is 8600 euros but buying it for this price is impossible
Actually...from what I read it's way too difficult to even find an LV from an AD

so,,,,big question...should I make a move and buy it?
The prices are going up and there are rumors that Rolex will discontinue the LV

I watched the Batman rise in price and I could have got it at original price 3 years ago in the Caribbean. So I just recently saw two good deals on a Gen Daytona 2 tone and a Gen Sub 2 tone and purchased them. They are for a long term investment and I will wear them as I am not put off by getting dest marks (I perfected the polishing and rebrusing). So you have to ask yourself will the price go up? will it fall out of favour with future buyers? and then decide. But if you do buy it you will certainly be proud to own it and wear it.

rlos1000

Horology Curious
2/1/15
So the hulk and Bateman hold in value. Iam sure if they discontinue it’ll skyrocket

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Both Hulk and Batman are in demand but very unlikely to get a new one from a Gen dealer. However the second hand market are selling both and I have seen the Batman advertised (new) at 3 times the Rolex Recommended Selling price.

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
That's the point.. I've found a brand new one from my ad.. But I have to pay much more than the retail price

Still considering other options too.. Like the SD33 etc..

The LV is on hold for me for a couple of days...

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Its true that price are going up daily but true question is if anyone is buying. Probably this should be a quick flip if bought, but who the hell knows...

jean.pierre

Looking Around
12/5/18
Europe
Its true that price are going up daily but true question is if anyone is buying. Probably this should be a quick flip if bought, but who the hell knows...

Exactly. It's like having 1000 bitcoins right now, you'd still be poor money wise. Try finding someone actually giving you cash for them. All the hype is NOT enough.. whether it's cryptocurrency, watches, life in general...

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Ok, basic question....will you enjoy it and wear it? If so then buy it and enjoy! If not, move along. You can find much better investments. people can ask what they want, but will someone buy it? I saw the jump when the GMT LN was discontinued. Only time will tell if it's sustainable.

MrX

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/10/19
I wouldn't imagine an AD being on the consumer's side of the ridiculous price rocket for both kermit and hulk... there is an AD in UK listing a hulk for approx £15k a few months back. If it really is as good as it looks then pull the trigger and make 30% profit on a days work...

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
Update

I finally bought it

I know that I paid more than the retail price but I don't really think that it's possible to find it for 8600 euros

I don't regret it.. Prices are going high

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

Reactions: masterpiece777

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
So the hulk and Bateman hold in value. Iam sure if they discontinue it’ll skyrocket

I don’t think they’ll really stop making it, at least not for a long long time. it’s become a staple of the brand. It could be discontinued in the same way the Batman 116710BLNR was discontinued, where it was discontinued to make room for a 126710BLNR. Which I believe they may do. Soon.

Jyuuken

Horology Curious
7/1/20
All points to a new submariner this year at Basel so i suspect it will be discontinued.
I have been on the list for years for an LV...