Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new Rolex 116610LV Hulk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Brand new Rolex 116610LV Hulk

    Dear RWIs

    A good friend of mine managed to find a brand new gen Rolex 116610LV Hulk for 12500 euros from the local AD
    The retail price is 8600 euros but buying it for this price is impossible
    Actually...from what I read it's way too difficult to even find an LV from an AD

    so,,,,big question...should I make a move and buy it?
    The prices are going up and there are rumors that Rolex will discontinue the LV


    #2
    so did you buy it?

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by panasol View Post
      Dear RWIs

      A good friend of mine managed to find a brand new gen Rolex 116610LV Hulk for 12500 euros from the local AD
      The retail price is 8600 euros but buying it for this price is impossible
      Actually...from what I read it's way too difficult to even find an LV from an AD

      so,,,,big question...should I make a move and buy it?
      The prices are going up and there are rumors that Rolex will discontinue the LV
      I watched the Batman rise in price and I could have got it at original price 3 years ago in the Caribbean. So I just recently saw two good deals on a Gen Daytona 2 tone and a Gen Sub 2 tone and purchased them. They are for a long term investment and I will wear them as I am not put off by getting dest marks (I perfected the polishing and rebrusing). So you have to ask yourself will the price go up? will it fall out of favour with future buyers? and then decide. But if you do buy it you will certainly be proud to own it and wear it.

      Comment


        #4
        So the hulk and Bateman hold in value. Iam sure if they discontinue it’ll skyrocket

        Comment


          #5
          Both Hulk and Batman are in demand but very unlikely to get a new one from a Gen dealer. However the second hand market are selling both and I have seen the Batman advertised (new) at 3 times the Rolex Recommended Selling price.

          Comment


            #6

            That's the point.. I've found a brand new one from my ad.. But I have to pay much more than the retail price

            Still considering other options too.. Like the SD33 etc..

            The LV is on hold for me for a couple of days...



            Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

            Comment


              #7
              Its true that price are going up daily but true question is if anyone is buying. Probably this should be a quick flip if bought, but who the hell knows...
              A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure !

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Keylog74 View Post
                Its true that price are going up daily but true question is if anyone is buying. Probably this should be a quick flip if bought, but who the hell knows...
                Exactly. It's like having 1000 bitcoins right now, you'd still be poor money wise. Try finding someone actually giving you cash for them. All the hype is NOT enough.. whether it's cryptocurrency, watches, life in general...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Ok, basic question....will you enjoy it and wear it? If so then buy it and enjoy! If not, move along. You can find much better investments. people can ask what they want, but will someone buy it? I saw the jump when the GMT LN was discontinued. Only time will tell if it's sustainable.
                  My wish list:
                  Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    So did you get it?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Just sell it...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I wouldn't imagine an AD being on the consumer's side of the ridiculous price rocket for both kermit and hulk... there is an AD in UK listing a hulk for approx £15k a few months back. If it really is as good as it looks then pull the trigger and make 30% profit on a days work...

                        Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Update

                          I finally bought it

                          I know that I paid more than the retail price but I don't really think that it's possible to find it for 8600 euros

                          I don't regret it.. Prices are going high

                          Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by rlos1000 View Post
                            So the hulk and Bateman hold in value. Iam sure if they discontinue it’ll skyrocket
                            I don’t think they’ll really stop making it, at least not for a long long time. it’s become a staple of the brand. It could be discontinued in the same way the Batman 116710BLNR was discontinued, where it was discontinued to make room for a 126710BLNR. Which I believe they may do. Soon.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              All points to a new submariner this year at Basel so i suspect it will be discontinued.
                              I have been on the list for years for an LV...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X