• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

!!Excitement Alert!! My watch is ready for shipping!

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
My new Italian friends have completed my watch. It will be shipped to the US distributor then to me. Has a few personalized or upgraded touches to include bit not limited to the dial and lume.

The number 12 has a personal significance to me as it was my team number before I retired, 5112. Pic at the bottom will explain.

Enjoy the Memphis Belle HM5 Predator. Yes, I paid for a rusty watch!cmaster Hyjynx
received_303486103862858_zpshqg1zig8.png

received_633779883791603_zpsa41gllsq.png

received_1185485824958148_zpsr6bgbwws.png

received_443667699525743_zpsi7lcoyxs.png

received_1271334446376006_zpsrypn1slh.png

And my last photo before pinning on the rank of Sergeant Major!

IMG_20190424_213620_zps2v6tcibj.jpg

Last edited:

Str1xt

Renowned Member
26/2/19
That Sir, is a really cool looking time piece. I hope it brings you great pleasure.
On a side note seeing as you are military. I watched the 75th d-day anniversary on (u.k) tv today. It was great to see some 250+ old boys there ranging from 91 to 102. Reminded me of my grandfather who fought against rommel in Africa. Trump was also there payng his respects.

Post again when you get the watch and tell us your thoughts.

N

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
That Sir, is a really cool looking time piece. I hope it brings you great pleasure.
On a side note seeing as you are military. I watched the 75th d-day anniversary on (u.k) tv today. It was great to see some 250+ old boys there ranging from 91 to 102. Reminded me of my grandfather who fought against rommel in Africa. Trump was also there payng his respects.

Post again when you get the watch and tell us your thoughts.

N

hold on one second! I have a picture of my grandfather and his campaign medals!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I love Bronzos but I really love threads like this.

Three of my uncles fought in WW2 in the British Army. However none of them would ever talk about it, well one disappeared in 1948 so I do not know if he ever talked about it. He was the one that was in the 8th Army that fought in N. Africa. One was in the RAF and one was a Commando.

The only personal insight I ever got was from a friend's grandfather who drove a Panzer.

Last edited:

Str1xt

Renowned Member
26/2/19
My mother moved to Egypt after her retirement and she is still there. She kindly donated my grandfather's medals to a small museum in Alexandria, which I found quite poignant.
​​​​​​
Looking at those medals your grandfather was quite active.

So how long has this beauty taken to get it just so? I keep going back to the pictures and see something new everytime. It's just great.!

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
My mother moved to Egypt after her retirement and she is still there. She kindly donated my grandfather's medals to a small museum in Alexandria, which I found quite poignant.
​​​​​​
Looking at those medals your grandfather was quite active.

So how long has this beauty taken to get it just so? I keep going back to the pictures and see something new everytime. It's just great.!

I can give an email to the US distributor or the Facebook name.of the guy actually making them. Alex Roman is the watchmaker. He is more than enthusiastic to discuss his processes. You probably have seen the new Heritage series posted. We hit it off because of our similar similar interests in history.

I started ordering this watch about 3 weeks ago. If you decide to buy hit me up on a PM and I will provide deal me and Valentino worked out to.save you some.money. No, I have zero financial incentive other than helping fellow watch enthusiasts to get a good deal.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
I love Bronzos but I really love threads like this.

Three of my uncles fought in WW2 in the British Army. However none of them would ever talk about it, well one disappeared in 1948 so I do not know if he ever talked about it. He was the one that was in the 8th Army that fought in N. Africa. One was in the RAF and one was a Commando.

The only personal insight I ever got was from a friend's grandfather who drove a Panzer.

Some badass young men really made a difference in the world. I look at who our friends were back then and how.much stronger the friendship is. I look at who our enemies were and how we became friends. The world could learn a lot from reflecting where we I've were and where we are now.

I am honored to know you have a lot of quiet professionals in your family. When all is said and done, let there be more done than said. I their understand reluctance to talk about war. Personally I am.slowly coming out of a protective shell with my own wife but still want to shield my children from the realities that can haunt a man of steel, no need to discuss these !atters.with the fragility of a child's mind and heart.

You definitely something to be proud of C.Master. Make 6 June a solemn remembrance combined with great respect for what these men sacrificed yesteryear for us to be able to enjoy an overall pretty good life today.

Cheers!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Some badass young men really made a difference in the world. I look at who our friends were back then and how.much stronger the friendship is. I look at who our enemies were and how we became friends. The world could learn a lot from reflecting where we I've were and where we are now.

I am honored to know you have a lot of quiet professionals in your family. When all is said and done, let there be more done than said. I their understand reluctance to talk about war. Personally I am.slowly coming out of a protective shell with my own wife but still want to shield my children from the realities that can haunt a man of steel, no need to discuss these !atters.with the fragility of a child's mind and heart.

You definitely something to be proud of C.Master. Make 6 June a solemn remembrance combined with great respect for what these men sacrificed yesteryear for us to be able to enjoy an overall pretty good life today.

Cheers!

Well said.

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Reading this gave me goosebumps and a lump in my throat. And I’m not talking about just the watch. Thank you for sharing your story. Thank you even more for your service. The watch is awesome. Enjoy!

Reactions: DaleM

Donpiero

Known Member
6/6/19
man it's really gorgeous! I'm thinking about one of these for me!
I'm just trying to saving founds for it!