• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mailing a Rolex in for service.

SteveSS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/2/14
I'm shopping to get a 90's 18K Rolex serviced. Locally $1,000. On the net more like $400-500. Has anyone used these internet service companies? What happens if you never hear from them and your watch is gone?

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Try checking the fleaBay for watchsmiths who will service your watch. They are selling a servicing package for your movement and often case refinishing (if desired). You can check their feedback, and leave feedback for them once your watch has been returned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I'd list it on your home owners insurance policy before sending it so you have some financial protection for shipping and the off chance that it's lost or or company disappears.

rog1079

Horology Curious
18/8/12
If it is a genuine Rolex, I’d take it to an AD and send it to RSC. My WG Daytona was $850 and the AD insures it for the full retain replacement price prior to sending should it go missing in transit. For the small savings sending it to an independent watchmaker, the risk and added hassle doesn’t seem worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro