• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[Casio GA-100]Unable to set the hands, despite following the instructions.

Maldoror

Horology Curious
31/3/14
Hello everyone, I have a casio G-Schock GA-100 that I bought five years ago, the hands stopped matching the digital time sometimes this year, and I've been trying to fix it all morning.

When I try the usually advoctated protocol the hands never make it to twelve o'clock and get stuck at a random place. They may move if I keep pressing, but never to the point I want them to be(be it twelve o'clock or the actual time).

It's not a fancy watch by any means, but I hate the idea to ditch it while everything else is going okay. I like to wear it for outdoor activities or manual labor it's a perfect watch for it and the first one I bought,

I must add that it's not a timezone thing since the hands do not match the minutes of the the digital time yet they continue to move at a normal pace.

Have you got any alternative suggestions/explanations fellas? Is there a way to completely reboot the watch?

I got time on my hands, pun intended, so I can give more details or make a video. Thanks guys!

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
can you get the hands to 1200 ?

Maldoror

Horology Curious
31/3/14
can you get the hands to 1200 ?

Nope they stop before at some random point. I think I'm going to give up but it might just take a stupid trick. The battery must be fine everything else is spot on.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Try to get them to 1200 , then pull the battery to do a reset it should sync it , i had to do that on my edifice once ....

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Nope they stop before at some random point. I think I'm going to give up but it might just take a stupid trick. The battery must be fine everything else is spot on.

You Tube is where I sourced information on setting my Casio Watches.