• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EU watch buying for us living outside the EU

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
For those of us outside the EU you may not know you are exempt from EU VAT, value added tax. This amounts to about 20%. I have found several authorized EU watch dealers that offer very good prices on their watches. When you want to buy let them know you live outside the EU and are exempt from VAT.

Most will take that 20% off the top. What is cool is a lot.offer free shipping but I usually pay a little extra to hurry up the shipping.

I suggest you make an offer and ask them if it is reasonable considering the VAT exemption.

My most recent buy is an Oris BIG Crown 80th Anniversary green dial bronzo. I found a lot in the price range I wanted but nearly all were pre owned. I chatted with Anna at Steiner Jewellery in Austria and asked her if 1600 usd was fair for a new watch they offered at 1800 Euro. She spoke with her boss as all sales claim, lol. In less than an hour we agreed it was a fair price.

Now, where does this come in handy is when you find a watch that is sold out say in my home country, USA. What is popular and selling not here may be lukewarm sales in the EU.

I hope this helps you find and.get a good deal on any watches you see advertised on the EU market.

Oh, some dealers do not answer back which may be indicative of how busy they are or thet are playing the invisibility game.

Sedonut

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/7/17
Good information, thank you .

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
In the 5th paragraph I meant selling HOT here versus what was auto corrected to, "not here". For some reason on this new tablet I cannot see how to edit.. Sorry for any confusion.

Ahhh, it does not allow.editing on the OP.