• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are You Buying A Genuine Swiss Made Watch, Or A Fake?

haidangwatches

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/3/19
Vietnam
The #1 products in the world are the #1 replicated products in the world. There are probably more imitation Swiss made watches out there than there are real watches. When buying, be very sure the watch is genuine.

Purchasing from an authorized dealer will ensure you are buying a genuine watch. You can always buy with confidence from a licensed dealer.

If you opt to buy off the street, by very, very cautious. Some imitation watches are really well done that even a professional can have trouble making the appropriate identification.

Important Points to Assist You Determine A Real Swiss Made Watch

If you're offered a deal that is too good to be true, watch out, it is probably a fake. Furthermore, if the opinion proves to be real, but being supplied by a very low price, odds are, it is stolen.

The craftsmanship will be perfect in every way. Numbers and letters will be sharp and clear, and easy to read.

The watch ought to be waterproof to 100 ft. when the winding crown is screwed tight to the case. Test the watch you are looking at, hold it under water. If it escapes, it's a fake.

Sapphire crystal is 7 times more scratch resistant than steel. The single element that could scrape a sapphire crystal is a diamond.

The watch case should be made of stainless steel that is tasteful. Engineered stainless steel is reduced in nickel and incredibly resistant to rust. 316L is the most common refined stainless steel used in genuine Swiss watches.

Most Swiss watches will display the registered design number distinctly between the bracelet lugs.

Ensure the movement matches the particular model. In case the movement in a watch doesn't correspond to the model, the watch is a fake. Also, the wording on the bottom plate should also correspond the specific model.

Thus, the genuine watch will be heavier than the fake. Additionally, the same holds true in stainless steel. A genuine Swiss watch will be made by a heavier grade stainless steel.

And, the dial patina will have a familiar sheen.

These are just a few features to search for in a genuine Swiss made watch. There are many, many others. Your best assurance is to have the watch assessed with a certified watch maker.

Remember, there are most likely a lot more imitation Swiss watches on the market than there are genuine watches. Taking these precautions can save you a lot of heartache, and ensure that you are buying a genuine Swiss made watch

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I'm not so benevolent, buh bye!

Reactions: DaleM

djlyfe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/19
When i buy a fake, i make sure i know what i am getting, its a toy, aint nothing close to the real thing,

Reactions: bobo383