• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hulk Alternative

mikebio

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/17
Hey All,

I'm looking to get a Hulk alternative. Not necessarily a homage, but something similar to it. I've thought about getting the Noob v9 rep of the Hulk (I still might) but I want to explore what gens are out there (preferable sub $1,000 which rules out Oris). Here are a few I found but I was wondering if there were others. Also, I am looking for at least decent quality.
Any others that you all can recommend?

Last edited:

mikebio

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/17
wow this got buried quick. I'll give it a quick bump.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Certina is a Swatch Group AG brand and comes with their Powermatic 80 movement. No question about quality there :) coupled with the wearable proportions, it's a really good choice.

Next up would be the Sumo.

There's a diver by Davosa which is more a homage to the Hulk.

crookedcorners

Horology Curious
14/11/18
I have a Squale 20 Atmos 1545 in green and have been very pleased with it. Very solid watch, comfortable and a looker for a budget price. I got it in 2013 and it looks like they have toned down the green color a bit since then. I'd probably look for an older model.

I've spent a fair amount of time with the gen Hulk and while I love it, I'd take the green Squale and a classic black Sub any day. I try to keep my gens more classic and stick with reps and homages for the trendier styles.

1545-G-3.jpg

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
How about a green Scubadude? Pretty inexpensive.

This site can make any case/strap/bezel/dial/colour combo of Amphipians you'd like:

https://am-diver.com/

They also have an eBay shop: AM-Diver

VIXbPd.jpg