• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First gen Breitlings purchased

patrickseacoast

Renowned Member
12/12/14
Charleston SC
Material rep buddy of mine had a couple of Breitlings sitting around he purchased new and wasn’t wearing so I offered him $1200 for the pair and think I did well on the deal. Avenger needs some love but Colt Chrono looks brand new. Anyone know the battery life on the Quartz generally speaking? Or insured value? Any info appreciated.
52882bafec956f2f1183203cc27e342a.jpg
5faef290768fb1c49cbc7cd0b1720b8d.jpg
90daac9cf1fd306fbf7e68a38da4c590.jpg
75677f9f5e38521b994befb9aa589bbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
Very nice. The only REP I have left is the Breitling Steelfish. Been looking to get a gen or have an ETA movement put in mine. Local Pawnshops won't take in Breitlings because the REPS are too good..... I agree.

Reactions: patrickseacoast

patrickseacoast

Renowned Member
12/12/14
Charleston SC
Thanks Bro. Feels WAAAY different wearing the Gens over any rep I’ve owned. Still ordered pizza the same way tonight over the phone. But... felt just a little more badass with an Avenger on weighing my whole arm down. My lord the thing is heavy.

Reactions: Maron

patrickseacoast

Renowned Member
12/12/14
Charleston SC
Very nice. The only REP I have left is the Breitling Steelfish. Been looking to get a gen or have an ETA movement put in mine. Local Pawnshops won't take in Breitlings because the REPS are too good..... I agree.

Totally get it. I’ve had a couple of super rep Breitlings and it’s very close. But you can tell when you handle.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Thanks Bro. Feels WAAAY different wearing the Gens over any rep I’ve owned. Still ordered pizza the same way tonight over the phone. But... felt just a little more badass with an Avenger on weighing my whole arm down. My lord the thing is heavy.

well hopefully the weight will help build your muscles , for if you ever get attacked by possum or .......anything ,....... you can ward it off ;)

patrickseacoast

Renowned Member
12/12/14
Charleston SC
You just can’t let that go can you? Damn bourbon just makes the mouth speak before the brain refrains. I did have a hand in the standing record alligator; to prove my redneckedness. Enjoy the giggle at my expense Dave. ????????‍♂️

http://www.northcarolinasportsman.com/stories/ncs_mag_9273.htm

Tapa doesn’t like emojis of bourbon or facepalming apparently. Question marks and the male fertility sign are very suspect and not what I meant to post. HA

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I’d say that was a really good deal. Even if both required a service you’d still have done well

patrickseacoast

Renowned Member
12/12/14
Charleston SC
I’d say that was a really good deal. Even if both required a service you’d still have done well

Thanks Aaron. Colt needed a battery. Avenger serviced by AD last spring and needed a dish detergent toothbrush bath and 3 minutes of Cape Cod. Local AD in Charleston offered me $2500 as he authenticated them yesterday and Pro Golfer and fellow watch guy DJ Trahan tried it on sitting next to me.

He then purchased a pre owned Yachtmaster 2 for $15k shook our hands and casually strolled out the door.
f3cf1aec076fd59ef2284b3febdb6558.jpg

Reactions: Maron

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Thanks Aaron. Colt needed a battery. Avenger serviced by AD last spring and needed a dish detergent toothbrush bath and 3 minutes of Cape Cod. Local AD in Charleston offered me $2500 as he authenticated them yesterday and Pro Golfer and fellow watch guy DJ Trahan tried it on sitting next to me.

He then purchased a pre owned Yachtmaster 2 for $15k shook our hands and casually strolled out the door.
f3cf1aec076fd59ef2284b3febdb6558.jpg

what are the red things in the display cases ?

patrickseacoast

Renowned Member
12/12/14
Charleston SC
Corny looking little pebbles that reflect the light or try to fill space. They had ab 6 or 7 Breitling preowned and maybe 20 preowned rolexes. Good stock of new Breitlings and Rolex surprisingly. First time there. Tried on a hulk ceramic and the SD43. 2 ceramic subs w date and one w/o, couple of Skydwellers which didn’t impress me in person, and some ladies stuff.