• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Must de Cartier Tank Vermeil Argent: extreme bargain find?!

TWayneJr

Known Member
20/8/18
Hey there again lovely RWI folks. Thought I'd share this piece I purchased yesterday at my monthly community market. Basically, every month my small little town hosts a market where anyone is welcome to come sell their things at a stall they can rent. Long story short, a guy there was selling watches. Had a lot of nice pieces from various brands ex, Seiko, Hamilton, etc etc. Seemed to know his stuff. I saw this Cartier head for sale and knew I was going to buy it. He wanted 225 for it and I managed to bring him down to 160. Opened it up when I got home to a signed Cartier movement. The same exact watch (albeit with Cartier strap) on eBay is going for $1795 USD with one already sold.

Did I really just come across an extreme bargain?! Watch is keeping perfect time. Would love to hear from the RWI community.

PS, this is my first time uploading images here, so here's to hoping.

TWayneJr

Known Member
20/8/18
PS PS, please let me know if this should have gone under the GUG subforum!

Juhani

Known Member
18/1/16
I've got one myself and it's not very clear how much they're worth. A lot of them are listed at high rates on eBay but if you watch the ones going to auction, they don't get much higher than a few hundred dollars. But that could be due to size, reference, movement, age, and a lot of other things.

Honestly I'd suggest to keep the watch! Since it's quartz you don't have to worry about it so much and having a Tank on hand is good for a lot occasions.