• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex AD Stock

Letmeinplease

30/8/16
For this very reason I bought Tudor, the false short supply of sport models is rediculous.
Hulks and bnlr's were in Windows at £5-£6k.

At the moment they're the brand to buy, they'll trail off when the next panerai / whoever fad comes about !

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SuperLory

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
For this very reason I bought Tudor, the false short supply of sport models is rediculous.
Hulks and bnlr's were in Windows at £5-£6k.

At the moment they're the brand to buy, they'll trail off when the next panerai / whoever fad comes about !

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

By purchasing Tudor, you still line their pockets ;) but Tudor is a great value proposition, so can't fault that!

FirstPlace

Known Member
19/3/17
Good luck , it's all a big game now of how pally you are with Ads or your VIP status , waitlists are half made up as well I was in an AD wanting to buy a hulk that they had in the safe ready to pay in full and they refused to sell to me as I was not a past customer with them

THIS!

Does not make sense in a short term business. Who says no to full price money?

marcobs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/15
THIS!

Does not make sense in a short term business. Who says no to full price money?

it actually does. and a lot. that's basically the very reason why they can price ss watches up to x10 times higher than minor swiss makers who make almost identical sporty ss watches

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I tired rolex AD in Geneva airport, same old story as anywhere else

“there’s a waiting list”

Ok, same as everywhere. so how do I get on that list then

“I don’t know”

But you work here

“Sorry, I don’t know”

After some Persuasive chat she gave me and email address to apply. Didn’t bother.

I get rolex wanting to be exclusive, but not supplying the With the watches that are popular and are left with watches that just sit in the store for ages before moving. I bet lots of people who would have bought a Rolex had they had the stock there, ended up in another brands dealership spending their money. Seems silly to me.

Could cut the grey and silly resale market if they let some stock flow into those ADs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rolemars

dee306

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/14
Here in Western Canada, the only models in stock at ADs are typically the two-tone, gold, some Datejusts Rolex's. Any stainless steel sport models: GMT, Submariner, Daytona, DSSD, even Explorers, are on waitlists of at least 2 years.

rog1079

Horology Curious
18/8/12
Nothing in stock in Norway. 2 year wait list for a sub with date. They won’t put you on list for BLNR or hulk.

That is no longer true in the US at least. Wait times on all Sub models except the Hulk and no date Sub are 1-2 months right now. TT and PM models are less than a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rog1079

Horology Curious
18/8/12
Been waiting on my Pepsi GMT since March! Obviously not as special as some of their other customers :(

The BLNR, BLRO, SS Daytona, and Hulk are impossible right now from an AD without a significant wait. Everything else is much more readily available so long as the AD isn’t playing the usual games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: PhilLa

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Last year was much easier. No daytonas or subs but plenty of ym's, sd43 and even dssd's. This year, I've seen nothing steel.

DJ87

Gold Patron
Certified
7/1/19
Europe
On holidays in Dubai at the moment. Checked out the AD in Dubai Mall and nothing. Only women watches and flashy bling models. Did not even have Oyster Perpetual in stock.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Seems to be plenty in London if you have bought at least one watch. My friend now gets a call once month from watches of Switzerland’s guys for sort-after models since he bought a watch in someone’s place who didn’t have the money. They hold the warranty cards for a year though.

Last edited:

xray7

Renowned Member
1/4/18
Old Dart
They hold the warranty cards for a year though.

So they'll sell a repeat customer the watch and allow them to take it home, but not let that repeat customer keep the warranty card to avoid resale and force them come in to WoS for service?

Last edited:

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
They are no longer allowed to keep warranty cards and dealers have been systematically returning them to customers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
They are no longer allowed to keep warranty cards and dealers have been systematically returning them to customers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My friend only got his the other day 1 year after purchase

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
So they'll sell a repeat customer the watch and allow them to take it home, but not let that repeat customer keep the warranty card to avoid resale and force them come in to WoS for service?

Was to avoid quick resale. He recently bought another watch I’ll ask later if they kept the card on that last purchase.