• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex AD Stock

Complex12

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/8/17
Has anyone seen any Stainless steel Rolex sport models at any ADs lately? Would be helpful to know! Thanks!

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
None in London, except the odd Explorer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

Complex12

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/8/17
It seems ADs have the explorer and Milguass in stock. I have seen a couple YM1 Rhodium.

manners

Horology Curious
16/7/10
I've been looking for the usual models. Blnr, pepsi, black gmt and daytona.

Same answer for the past 6 months no stock and waiting list is closed.

I've tried

UK westfields, reading AD, windsor AD, heathrow T5.

Dubai airport

Several AD's in China

Bangkok AD

To be honest I've given up and UK prices are lowest in comparison to the other countries I've tried.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hooopen

Patron
Certified
7/10/18
Europe
Nothing in stock in Norway. 2 year wait list for a sub with date. They won’t put you on list for BLNR or hulk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fakeprophet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/18
I've been trying with no luck at Malaysia and Singapore ADs. However, the grey market dealers in Malaysia and Singapore are not experiencing any shortages but their prices are steep.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
My uk dealer just sold me a new sub date but it was not on display. He keeps them in the safe and sells to his good customers. Luckily I’m one of them!! Getting an sd43 shortly too.

Reactions: adj

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I've been looking for the usual models. Blnr, pepsi, black gmt and daytona.

Same answer for the past 6 months no stock and waiting list is closed.

I've tried

UK westfields, reading AD, windsor AD, heathrow T5.

Dubai airport

Several AD's in China

Bangkok AD

To be honest I've given up and UK prices are lowest in comparison to the other countries I've tried.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Go to Hong Kong. Endless supply of steel sports models

Reactions: XLR8R

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Good luck , it's all a big game now of how pally you are with Ads or your VIP status , waitlists are half made up as well I was in an AD wanting to buy a hulk that they had in the safe ready to pay in full and they refused to sell to me as I was not a past customer with them

madgoal

2/5/15
I have yet to see any in any AD ive visited here in Florida. Makes me happy i bought my SubC last year

Watch-addict

Renowned Member
23/5/15
U.K
Been waiting on my Pepsi GMT since March! Obviously not as special as some of their other customers :(

Adrenix

5/12/18
I'm on the waiting list for a Daytona in Cambridge UK - 10y. Will be a 40th birthday present to me!

1-2y Submariner wait or thereabouts.

nobbylon

11/11/12
I haven’t seen a ss sports for about 3 months and that was an explorer 1. The last sub c I saw was in Koln 12 months ago and I bought that! I ever see anything in the UK.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Only Datejust, Miglaus and Explorer. Went to the largest Rolex AD in Paris and Brussels where they never held a real Daytona 116500 as HQ would only send dummies for customers to try on...

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
This just makes me want to scream FUCK YOU! I'm never buying a Rolex, I just can't be arsed with the BS.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
And they honestly wonder why so many people buy reps instead?

Are they doing this to drive up demand and justify the prices? Hardly makes sense tho because what use is demand if you are not fulfilling it? Rolex are a very strange organisation indeed.

Reactions: stufuse

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Let me explained what I've been told with the allocations to Rolex AD.

Sure, every AD would want Daytonas (who wouldn't they) but that's not how the game works. As mentioned above, yes bigger ADs get allocation to more sports model because they simply sell more watches than say smaller ADs. How it works is; Rolex will allocate an AD a sports model (say a Sub), when the AD managed to sell enough "scraps", e.g your DJs, Cellini etc. When they sell enough, eventually they will get a Daytona etc.

Sure, I am sure a lot of people (including myself) finds it frustrating with not being able to buy a watch at retail. Given the above, do you think an AD will simply put a sports model on the window and sell it to someone random? Or would they sell it to a repeating customer?

I think about 4 yrs ago, the 116520 wasn't really highly demanded (it is now since it has been discontinued), my friend simply bought one from an AD from a small village here in the UK (he simply saw it on the window). I can echo the same when I was in Vegas where the ADs said she can get me one in 2 weeks if I put a deposit down.

I think Rolex has been trying their hardest to fuel this demand as they saw a few yrs ago their demand weren't very high - the most exciting release before the Batman was the Sub and they definitely had put out more releases to fuel this demand.

I do agree to other people here in the forum where rep is probably a "better" choice when you simply can't pay a "reasonable" amount for a sports model (say 20% + premium), but when it is almost 100% (116500 is sitting at around £16-17K brand new vs RRP around £9K) you got to wonder is it really worth it? I rather pay off my mortgage or go on holidays but at the same time lucky enough to enjoy this hobby at a more reasonable pace.

nobbylon

11/11/12
Popped in to 3 stores in Amsterdam today.....nothing stainless worth a mention.

marcobs

25/8/15
in july 2018 i am been offered from italian AD the sub date at 10% discount and the sub no date at pricelist (both black dial). don't remember any others watches worth to mention.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

nobbylon

11/11/12
That was July 18! The situation now is significantly different. I managed to get a sub date in december 2017 and was offered 2 more in April 18. Since then nothing but did buy an Explorer 1 back in summer. Stock is near non existant at Ad’s as they back door sell to grey dealers via friends to avoid Rolex rath. Easy to do, pop your friend to top of a list, sell it him and then he sells to a grey. There are rich pickings for Ad’s and anyone thinking this doesn’t happen is being naive.