• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying Gen from rolex forum

machim

19/7/17
Hi All,

I am looking to purchase my first Gen.

GMT master 2 rose gold two tone root beer is my target

I found some trust reputation seller in TRF have some good price on this watch and plan to meet up face to face for the transaction.

Does anyone have experience for this type of transaction

Couple question:

How can you verify the authenticity?

Or best way to verify authenticity

Looking for some suggestion authenticity in orange county and Los Angeles

Thank you, RWI

c528f7ac6cdc04f38748dae6526ab0c3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
Maybe conduct the transaction in an AD if they allow it? Best to inform them and ask before hand.

machim

19/7/17
Maybe conduct the transaction in an AD if they allow it? Best to inform them and ask before hand.

I’ve been told, AD wouls not perform authorized check as they just store with seller. Sometime, they don’t have watchmaker on site

akira448

25/3/13
Buy the seller, if it's a trusted seller on trf, I wouldn't worry about authenticity.

Reactions: machim

IWCAP

Known Member
18/8/16
Buy it on Chrono24.com. They have Trusted Checkout which gives you 14 days to check the watch after you receive it. The seller only gets his money once you said that the watch is ok.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Call around and find a jewelery store or pawn shop who will authenticate for a fee and set up an appointment. Even an AD should authenticate for a fee, but you probably should set an appointment so the correct staff is available.

akira448

25/3/13
Brand New 2 tone root beer you are not gonna get ripped off by a rep from a trusted seller on TRF, this watch just came out this year.
They will all sell on the forum with full sets matching papers. You're just being paranoid.

Drkitch109

18/9/12
You should get on a wait list for the Root Beer 126711CHNR. That model should be easier to get from an AD and you will be able to pay retail for it if you have the patience. Beautiful piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complex12

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/8/17
I think the best way is to do you own due diligence and find out the person’s past sales etc. See if he is willing to do face to face.