Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.

-Kaliber JewelryFREE bracelet and 20% discount for RWI members! - CLICK HERE
See more
See less

Kickstarter Watches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickstarter Watches

I have been noticing a lot of new watch models on Kickstarter and a number of other capital raising sites -- what are your all's experience with them?

I bought this Lenvino Tourbillon a few months ago and am pretty excited about it:

But I'm also intrigued by these:

Interested to hear your thoughts and maybe bringing up some models I haven't seen. This is a funny parallel to reps in my mind -- cheaper movements with obvious homage DNA but without the stigma of the Dark Side ...

I liked that MAEN when I first saw it. Helgray has some cool ones too. But most of them that I see I don’t like, especially the overload of minimalist ones that all have the same case and basically the same dial

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Often they are way overpriced and cheap compared to 150-300 dollar reps.

Comment

^^ I've found that to be the case as well. I also find it hard that people plunking down $500-2,500 to be first in line for a new release of an Asian movement watch aren't more into reps. Maybe they are and I just don't see it.

Its nice to seem some new ideas out there and while most aren't worth chasing, I've found it to be about as entertaining watching these new releases as dissecting the latest offerings from rep TD's ...

Comment

I’ve looked at the Maen and really like them. However, they look like 90% of the watches I already have. The Swiis ETA is cool.
          Tucker seems to be fallen into a pit of ignorance - Cavemax

But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

Comment

Nice looking tourbillon. I thought it hilarious that they used a quote from a sister rep forum in their pitch:

Possible one of our own is floating this venture?
            MY COLLECTION: https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...5#post-3450772

- Adapted from "Hotel California" by Eagles

Comment

I hadn’t seen that — that’s hilarious hahaha. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a proprietor of a rep factory — a venture like this might afford some protection from the everpresent raidy raiding raiders??

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Wtf xD

Comment

Originally posted by nalomb
                  I hadn’t seen that — that’s hilarious hahaha. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a proprietor of a rep factory — a venture like this might afford some protection from the everpresent raidy raiding raiders??

That would be my conjecture too. Despite what the uninitiated think, we know reps and gens share common sources.
                  MY COLLECTION: https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...5#post-3450772

- Adapted from "Hotel California" by Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by nalomb View Post

That's a good idea for a cover.

Comment

A lot of them do have a very homage vibe. But there are some pretty interesting pieces.
                      Helgray comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X