• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help to confirm Rolex is genuine

arepuj

Known Member
6/10/11
Dear mates,

I'm not at all a Rolex expert. I am about to buy a gen submariner.
Could you please help to confirm it is a gen watch?

Many thanks
5610aee454af7411141736c1ba062010.jpg
3ae6ac5a247d97e9c009523a4ea37559.jpg

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI VNS-L31 mediante Tapatalk

arepuj

Known Member
6/10/11
It is supposed to be a 2012 watch.
I appreciatte very much any help.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Nobody can tell you if this is a genuine rolex watch from these 2 pics. I can however confirm the watch is genuinly covered in grease and scratches. It looks genuine. But it could be a franken, it could be gen in the pics but what you receive is fake.
Does the seller have all the paper work ? Do serials number on case and paper work match up ?
If you want to be certain you are buying a genuine Rolex, go to an AD with the seller and the watch and have it authenticated.
If you are buying online from a reputable seller, then have the watch authenticated as soon as you receive it.

Last edited:

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
arepuj

I see a warranty card there with serial number, just get the serial number and check it online and ask the seller to show you a photo of the serial number engraved on the watch.

But heres the thing... the box looks rep to me, the cloth and the pile is horrible, and the coronet print looks suspect.

the boxes for ceramic subs have a fold down flap which houses the booklet and warranty card and also have a different color of cloth

Boxes are usually the first giveaway when someone tries to sell a rep as gen.. because rep boxes are shit.

example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDDMahuhrNI

This looks like an older box from a 16610 sub.

the watch.. i dunno. crown guards look odd.

maybe smoke can help

Last edited:
Reactions: arepuj

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Lol wrong one
da0273e48f310e5e461ded57169eaddb.jpg

Don't Mind Me, I'm here for complications!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Keep on guessing. It gets funnier post by post

arepuj

Known Member
6/10/11
Nobody can tell you if this is a genuine rolex watch from these 2 pics. I can however confirm the watch is genuinly covered in grease and scratches. It looks genuine. But it could be a franken, it could be gen in the pics but what you receive is fake.
Does the seller have all the paper work ? Do serials number on case and paper work match up ?
If you want to be certain you are buying a genuine Rolex, go to an AD with the seller and the watch and have it authenticated.
If you are buying online from a reputable seller, then have the watch authenticated as soon as you receive it.
Seller have papers, I will ask for a picture of papers and serial number at sam time.
Thanks for advice

arepuj

Known Member
6/10/11
arepuj

I see a warranty card there with serial number, just get the serial number and check it online and ask the seller to show you a photo of the serial number engraved on the watch.

But heres the thing... the box looks rep to me, the cloth and the pile is horrible, and the coronet print looks suspect.

the boxes for ceramic subs have a fold down flap which houses the booklet and warranty card and also have a different color of cloth

Boxes are usually the first giveaway when someone tries to sell a rep as gen.. because rep boxes are shit.

example:

maybe smoke can help
I have the serial number.
How can I check it online?

Thanks

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
arepuj

example:

maybe smoke can help

Only newer versions have those flap downs. The box is certainly gen when looking at the clean cut and golden logo + cushion shape and period correct.

Sent from the RWI App

arepuj

Known Member
6/10/11
I have one more picture (I can see full serial number)
486ab597f472b290a33aced067a96a34.jpg

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
pictures dont prove anything these days

you need to look at the serial number on the card and match it to the watch serial number which is on the rehaut and between the lugs, has he gave showed you this yet?

If you want to check further you need to check the movement number also which will be logged to that serial number

theres a serial number checker on bobs watches, which will give you the year of production and also tell you that it is an actual rolex serial

Further than that you need to speak to and AD or Rolex

I have one more picture (I can see full serial number)
486ab597f472b290a33aced067a96a34.jpg

Last edited:

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Only newer versions have those flap downs. The box is certainly gen when looking at the clean cut and golden logo + cushion shape and period correct.

Sent from the RWI App

But this sub is a newer version?

the box isnt. the older ceramic with white bezel number would maybe have come in those at some point?

Im not 100% sure to be honest. but still that color of the cloth is yuck. maybe its the lighting

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
But this sub is a newer version?

the box isnt. the older ceramic with white bezel number would maybe have come in those at some point?

Im not 100% sure to be honest. but still that color of the cloth is yuck. maybe its the lighting

Well i saw alot 2013 versions on Chrono with this type box + papers. I personally wouldnt buy from a private seller in the first place lol. You cant be sure these days with frankens.

Reactions: RepPossessed

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
The watch in the pictures is genuine regardless of some pointless posts in this thread! Box is correct for a 2012 116610. As somebody said you need to hope this is what you will be sent. What is the price? If it is strangely cheap then question it further.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

arepuj

Known Member
6/10/11
Hi, price is 6300€.

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
That seems a reasonable price at the moment. With deals like this you have to buy the seller as much as the watch. Let us all know how it goes!