• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I broke down and BOUGHT it: Two Tone Tudor Ranger

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
Yes.
A while ago I had posted very anxious posts about a local watch that I felt was a steal at the price I paid but was also quite nervous about spending this much cash on the "unkown" :shock: ...

But, after trying to forget about the watch for the last three weeks, i just could not. So, I had to sell some more reps, my genuine Tag Folrmula 1 and here it is guys, on my wirst today, after picking it up from the pawnshop.

It is a two tone 1970's Tudor Oyster Prince Ranger with an automatic ETA... This beauty runs smoooth and quiet. Overall the watch is pretty good: I rate it a 7.5/10... maybe more?? :?:

All the links are present, clasp is nice and tight and the dial is PERFECT.

If I decide to sell it, I might try the Bay and see what happens. What do you guys think my starting bid should be? Apparently this particular model of Tudor is rarer...

Photos attached.

I really want to see what your opinions are on this piece.

Luke

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
Well its not my style but it seems to be a nice classy watch. What did you end up paying for it? I would try to get some history on this watch and identify this watch as a truly rare watch.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
WOW nice Tudor you got there!

I've seen tudor's of your caliber on ebay reach on avrg about 1000-1500. Others around 500-800 depending on condition. Yours looks great!

As for starting bid, i dont know... every one i see that places starting bids around 500 or so doesn't get bid on :)

Wow... nice buy. Well, at least it won't be on your mind anymore :)

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
I agree with starting the bids too high. They never seem to get bid on. If you set it low but put a reserve on it then you are still protecting your auction. Good luck, I hope you make a lot of money on it.