• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Went crazy and bought a Gen SMP

trefleenor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/06
It's you guys fault getting me so interested in watches now!

In the last 2 months I bought a Rep Sub and AP Rose Gold from EL.

Now I bought a Gen SMP from a local AD.

I'm putting in an order to buy a grey Tag from Ruby...

I need to make more money...

Oh the Gen SMP is a very handsome watch. The Lume is bright like crazy. The blue compliments easily anything you wear.

OK I'm gonna stop buy watches for a while... 2 K spent already.

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
The SMP is a great watch. I have a gen SMP in black. I love the watch. I think for the price it is a very good watch and does look great. Congrats.

SMPs rock!
DSC00704-1.jpg

Hyster

29/7/06
I don't think your crazy, a friend has one and its a beautiful watch.

Hope it brings you a lot of pleasure!

Cheers
Gary

trefleenor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/06
Thanks for the support.

Oh I got the full size SMP even I have a small wrist. Big sport watch looks much better. The mid-size is too girly and puny.

Actually main reason I got a SMP is just to satisfy my Bond fantasy, and of course it's pretty too.

Heywood

Horology Curious
12/8/06
Congrats! That's a great looking watch. My favorite modern Omega.

Bearcat

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/10/06
The Seamaster Pro is a fabulous watch. It will last a lifetime with reasonable care. Best price I've seen on these was $1,700 but it may have been a "gray market" piece. $2K is not bad.

Thanks for sharing.

--Bearcat

Kenplate

Horology Curious
25/8/06
I used to have one with the Electric Blue dial,

It is very well fit and solid.

Too bad the big watch bug got to me, or else I would have kept it.

Enjoy !

Cheers
Ken

Hari Seldon

22/3/06
I will not for one call you crazy at all. The Seamaster is one of the best watches there is in my opinion and one of the best values considering similar offerings from other brands of similar stature and construction. Great pickup there.

Bearcat said:
The Seamaster Pro is a fabulous watch. It will last a lifetime with reasonable care. Best price I've seen on these was $1,700 but it may have been a "gray market" piece. $2K is not bad.

Thanks for sharing.

--Bearcat

I think he meant he has spent $2k total so far. $2000 for a genuine seamaster non-GMT non-chrono is a lot of money. Sure the retail is that high but most AD's will give you a discount, even as much as 30% if you talk to them a bit and show your interest. $1700 is way too much for a gray market Seamaster. Authenticwatches.com, one of the biggest gray market sellers there are will sell you one with their own two year warranty for under $1500.

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
GEN SMP

You're not crazy.

I own two gen SMP's. One is a two tone mid size, and the other is a full size SS in black. And, yes the lume is unbelievable. It's almost nuclear.