• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brand Onwership, Who Owns What Company?

nrg70

Horology Curious
25/10/16
I didn't see Doxa on any of these lists. Are they solely owned? If so, nice!! Also no Oris on there either. Orient is owned by Seiko group, at least it used to be.

zethunder

I'm Pretty Popular
9/8/16
I didn't see Doxa on any of these lists. Are they solely owned? If so, nice!! Also no Oris on there either. Orient is owned by Seiko group, at least it used to be.

I don't think Orient is owned by Seiko, they are self-owned at this point (afaik)

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Dofe

Known Member
15/11/16
LVMH Group (France)
Tag Heuer
Zenith
Hublot
Dior
Fred
Chaumet
Louis Vuitton

some additions to Louis Vitton Moet Hennessy (LVMH). I know they are not watch related, but from my industry.

Moet Chapagnes
Dom Perignon
Krug
Domaine Chandon
Veuve Cliquot
Ruinart
Hennessy Cognac
Belvedere Vodka
Chopin Vodka
Glenmorangie Scotch
10 Cane Rum

Yep, and Dior has the majority stake in LVMH.

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
Brand ownership and conglomeration does not necessarily and usually does not mean that the sub brands are made or the individual business run or even influenced by 'one' entity referred to as a house of brands rather than a branded house which is different..it is a holding group and more often than not each sub brand runs independently and competitively and all tehy do is report and pay into the kitty .. the same for banking, automotive, liquor etc

What liquor do you like odds are you are drinking something 'owned; by Diageo

Dofe

Known Member
15/11/16
Brand ownership and conglomeration does not necessarily and usually does not mean that the sub brands are made or the individual business run or even influenced by 'one' entity referred to as a house of brands rather than a branded house which is different..it is a holding group and more often than not each sub brand runs independently and competitively and all tehy do is report and pay into the kitty .. the same for banking, automotive, liquor etc

What liquor do you like odds are you are drinking something 'owned; by Diageo

True, I think there is some good evidence to to support your claim however it's a double edged sword. In my experience corporate acquisitions or takeovers usually involve some tweaking of a companies infrastructure to vertically integrate. Other mergers or takeovers (often but not limited to smaller ones) follow the old saying If it's not broken don't fix it :)

odenwald

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/17
Thanks for the list. Would be interesting to know how much they would offer Rolex to become part of their watch group.

nmartin4

Horology Curious
4/2/17
AP is still owned by the founding families. Tudor and Rolex are still tied together, I believe. Chopard, I have no honest clue.

mtb101

3/10/16
great info, didnt realise swatch owned so many brands :O

RobU6263Daytona

Known Member
6/6/17
Updated Swatch Group:
Prestige and Luxury Range
High Range
Middle Range
Entry Range
Private label

The Swatch Group occupies a major position in the production and supply of watches, movements and components. With 156 production centers, it is the world’s largest watch producer. Not only does it manufacture and assemble all the models sold by its 18 brands and its two multi-brand retail companies; it also supplies parts and components to the entire watchmaking industry. The Swatch Group’s strength lies in the fact that, taken together, its production companies supply virtually all the components for the Group's timepieces, from design right through to assembly. This ensures the integrity of the vertical manufacturing structure; it also guarantees the strength and credibility of each of the Group's brands, and of the products sold in the Tourbillon and Hour Passion boutiques.

Moreover, since 2000 the Swatch Group has added new jewelry services to its existing watchmaking production: these range from jewelry design for some of its brands through to sales, encompassing all stages of production.
Swatch Group production companies
ETA
Nivarox-FAR
CHH Microtechnique
Comadur
Rubattel et Weyermann
MOM Le Prélet
Universo
Manufacture Ruedin
Simon Et Membrez
Lascor
Novi
Swatch Group Assembly
DYB
EM Microelectronic
Renata
Micro Crystal
Swiss Timing

nzizu

30/3/18
Canada
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Oris and Fortis are independently owned?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI