• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brand Onwership, Who Owns What Company?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
eightfooticeman said:
Hey I buy my shorts from the Movado group and I love them and they don't have the seconds @ 6 problem.

... a little graphite in those shorts an yer good to go. :D

eightfooticeman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/08
cybee said:
eightfooticeman said:
Hey I buy my shorts from the Movado group and I love them and they don't have the seconds @ 6 problem.

... a little graphite in those shorts an yer good to go. :D

I will try that and let you know how it works.

shlow17

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/6/09
very interesting to see this network

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
1) Thanks for the list. Interesting
2) What about Maurice Lacroix?
3) The ceramic Rados are cool. The price charged for gens is always a matter of personal value, not real value. Like that commercial in the US where the AA guy is talking about how unique his watch is? I forget the product, but that is SO me, even with my reps. I just like looking at them, but have to remember to keep my eyes on the road.

ressmeplz

Banned
4/12/12
Very useful thread, tnx so much mate! ;)

late

Known Member
23/9/12
1) Thanks for the list. Interesting
2) What about Maurice Lacroix?
3) The ceramic Rados are cool. The price charged for gens is always a matter of personal value, not real value. Like that commercial in the US where the AA guy is talking about how unique his watch is? I forget the product, but that is SO me, even with my reps. I just like looking at them, but have to remember to keep my eyes on the road.
Maurice Lacroix is still independent as far as i know, and reasonably priced for the models with ETA movements. Might be nice to have a list of independent brands too. I like Frederique Constant, another independent still priced low enough that poor folk like me can afford the Gens.

Taze00

Banned
7/8/13
ESQ is made by Movado but i dont know bout Wittnauer

Ibn_Hasaf

Renowned Member
26/6/11
I like Frederique Constant, another independent still priced low enough that poor folk like me can afford the Gens.

I recently picked up a Frederique Constant too. I did a short write up about it here. Yes, the fact that it is an independent maker (even if this one uses an ETA movement) did influence my decision.

300kph

24/5/13
The new issue of Watchtime has a great article on who owns who. Its a good issue.

W

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Nobody had mentioned Bvlgari. So I thought I would. They were a separate company back in the late 1990s. As of post 2000, I don't know but they are now boutique sold where before they had some ungodly priced one or two of a kind watches. Bloomingdales in Manhattan used to have a secret room behind their watch section. I was once invited in, silly them. It was a high end sales clerk and armed security person and one customer group. Couples qualified. I had 2 Bvlgari watches on my wrist that were priced well North of $100K. The room is now gone. Boutiques sell the brand but that was a once in a lifetime experience for sure. To me their watches are pretty fugly but to each his own. Separating insanely wealthy from their cash isn't necessarily that hard.

"What should we start with?"
"An '82 Margaux."
"Is it good?"
"Good? It will make you believe in God!"

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
I cant contribute here as most have been said already. Oh wait, how about this : Warren Buffet owns Duracell batteries !! .......... that ok ?

Reactions: WatchSee

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Oh, and Hamilton was a USA brand, that produced pocket watches and hand wound watches that were issued to troops in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. The company was purchased by SWATCH corp, who tried to beef up military watches for specific branches, i.e., the Frogman or X-Wing, but they made some goofs like Making the khaki King, which was great but they filled with nitrogen, and put in no escape valve and the back sapphire glass cracked when elevated up to high. They pulled that bak, and really Khaki is totally overpriced and the have put it more towards a brand that competes with fashion watches, not horological devices of yesteryear.