• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My love affair with Russian watches continues

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
It is not GMT. Right now I've got at least two marked manufactured cccp or with propaganda dials. The naval commander's watch and orig amphibia

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
I know this is a dead thread, not to me. Got my latest piece of propaganda from my watch buddy in Ukraine. All factory, automatic. I love how all of these amphibias are just hot swappable. Gonna stick this one in an original 67 case with a Soviet auto caseback.

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
Cool, I'm excited. I have several coming from my buddy in Ukraine one Raketa antimagnetic workers watch, tank. First non POLJOT or Vostok I'll own. They are definitely very unique indestructible watches.

andre1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/23
Canada
Ok, let's revive it then.
Vostok amphibia 420 with aftermarket bezel from meranom. This is my all time favorite watch. This one can really dive deep.

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
They are indestructible. I've got two of that gen. I Like that bezel.

Literally gets hosed with hot water or run thru w dishes daily. Not a joke. Runs +5ish since new.

andre1

15/3/23
Canada
Amphibias put indestructible on the next level. It is the ak47 of mech watches. Their design is ingenious.

Reactions: Knxvlln

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
I have two. Both are out of Ukraine, not exports. One was possibly propaganda, issued.. I've seen it sold. The other is also propaganda, also not export but a simple KGB crest in a classic amphibia case w modern 31j, NIB sold as komamdarskie w amphibia markings and design .. both controversial and interesting, for sure. I've got a few rare prizes I'd like to show off, maybe talk turkey or get something cool from. Pics soon. What have you got? I've amassed quite a few vintage amphibia and gen military komamdarskie and propaganda Vostok. My buddy Demi in UKR knows what I like and can finds them, win win due to the temperature right now. I can help his family, I get the cool propaganda and rare phibs. Raketa antimagnetic hefty "laborors" watch coming soon, excited to get my hands on that one.

Sycc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/3/23
USA

This is the NIB, and yes that is "KGB" in Cyrillic on both, and the actual crest. A spy organization that advertises.
That's awesome. To of lived the life of a CIA/KGB officer would be pretty fucking cool (IMO). Granted, Russia is a shit-hole & doesn't have a good history of being a good place to be a normal citizen.....but, with a position of power, it'd probably have a ton of advantages. It does amaze me that people believe anything that comes from there, however. lol. Regardless, the history/fascination behind a piece like this is intriguing to say the least. Imagine what the people done/were doing that actually got one of their real watches.

unclebg

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
22/9/20
So interesting to read this thread it's quite possible that a whole new interest has been opened up to me.
I'm originally from the UK but currently living and working in Bulgaria. I have long been interested in Russia and things Russian - especially the vodkas which I collect (but mostly drink!).
I have a Konstantin Chaykin Joker and tried, unsuccessfully, to purchase the Behrens X Konstantin Chaykin collaboration at the release price!
I'd be most interested in advice on where and how to purchase some of the examples shown above.
Many thanks

Jeff

andre1

15/3/23
Canada
So interesting to read this thread it's quite possible that a whole new interest has been opened up to me.

I'm originally from the UK but currently living and working in Bulgaria. I have long been interested in Russia and things Russian - especially the vodkas which I collect (but mostly drink!).

I have a Konstantin Chaykin Joker and tried, unsuccessfully, to purchase the Behrens X Konstantin Chaykin collaboration at the release price!

I'd be most interested in advice on where and how to purchase some of the examples shown above.

Many thanks

Jeff

andre1

15/3/23
Canada
Try meranom.com for brand new vostok.

For used ones, antique and new, ebay works welll