Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.

Announcing PICR.me , RWI's own image hosting site!
See more
See less

My love affair with Russian watches continues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illecebrousrian, post: 3834048, member: 164839
    The main advantage to this design is that you can swap whatever Seiko Bezel Insert you want in the bezel. There are tons of ceramic and aluminum Seiko bezel inserts out there. You can achieve different looks by combining different bezel inserts and dials.
    I notice there are sellers on eBay selling Vostoks with the Seiko conversion already done.

This classic 710 Scubadude is an example for £84, pretty good IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by illecebrousrian, post: 3833986, member: 164839
      That is 2609A movement, one of the workhorses of the Soviet Watch Industry. Here is my Raketa with another variant of the movement, a 2609HA.

[ATTACH]107588[/ATTACH]
      I love those movements.
      I got 2 of them for $10 shipped on a bay for a build and after oiling they both work like a charm.

Sent from the RWI App
      1 - A/6538 Burford Milsub
      2 - sorry ... that build is classified

3 - 16800 Comex Rolex - dated 1984
      4 - Heavily modded 16610 cheapie

Comment

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but just received my first Amphibian. 420 case with black scuba dude dial, I put on a Seiko bezel, also immediately put it on a silicone strap as the bracelet isn’t the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Automotiveromance View Post
          Sorry to dig up an old thread, but just received my first Amphibian. 420 case with black scuba dude dial, I put on a Seiko bezel, also immediately put it on a silicone strap as the bracelet isn’t the best.

Classic Scuba Dude, dude.

Did you change the whole bezel or just the insert?

Comment

Whole bezel, the original bezel doesn’t have an insert as far as I can tell. They’re dirt cheap anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Automotiveromance View Post
              the original bezel doesn’t have an insert.
              LOL no of course they don't. My brain must have been in neutral when I asked.

The new bezel is a huge improvement IMHO.

Comment

Working...
              X