• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My love affair with Russian watches continues

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
lol, I kinda like these mods ...love vintage russian watches

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
I like these watches too. I bought this Vostok Antimagnetic 20 years ago.

CEM86.jpg

CEGEU.jpg

Reactions: sketchAG

Blingo

Renowned Member
30/9/18
Turkey
A Raketa Big Zero in minty condition is exactly what i am looking for nowadays..

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Been checking out a company called Slava and I must say the selection is crazy. Pretty much an hommage to days gone by as well as a resurrection of the former Soviet military might. I want to get a version dedicated to paratroopers and spetnaz. They seem to have them all.

plamen14460

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/11/14
EU
That my favorite
e722e15ad54d667fc9ac81cd866a62a1.jpg

Изпратено от моят SM-G950F с помощта на Tapatalk

Reactions: sketchAG

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
Very interesting models, thanks for sharing, I got recently one for my gf, a tiny jewell full of history, the legendary Chaika 1200, snap one while you can!

sketchAG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/19
Canada, eh
one of my daily beater is a vintage Poljot, bought it for the alarm feature (was going on a little "adventure" a few years ago, needed an inexpensive watch with an alarm), thought it would be a one and done thing, but I kept on wearing it.
Not able to upload image as yet, but it looks like this, but mine is on a nato strap.

s-l300.jpg

images

maxumlin

Horology Curious
9/1/19
New Jersey, USA
As a Russian myself, I love these watches. I also love old soviet watches. Some old Raketa watches are beautiful. Soviet watches are also a great conversation starter. I have one that my great grandfather was given on the anniversary of one of the ww2 battles he fought in.

Im probably going to buy some Amphibia watches now, thanks :)

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
Even though this thread is dead, I just read every post and want to acquire even more of these Russian beauties. Every single one that I've owned modern or vintage has either taken more of a beating or functions exceptionally. I don't think they'll ever be valuable, I do think they will forever be the best durability bang for the buck. Some have a very distinct style as well if vintage diver is your style

All three of the 31j auto Amphibia's I have do not hack, but all keep +5/-5s/d time. (Knocking on wood) Some of the originals untouched aren't so accurate... But regulate easily. I've been converted. I met a buddy in Ukraine who searches out decent specimens, when they have electricity he will happily buy and sell for ridiculously low prices. Dangerous for a watch nut like myself with real life to focus on as well...

Reactions: Karbon74

fatboy637

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/22
Even though this thread is dead, I just read every post and want to acquire even more of these Russian beauties. Every single one that I've owned modern or vintage has either taken more of a beating or functions exceptionally. I don't think they'll ever be valuable, I do think they will forever be the best durability bang for the buck. Some have a very distinct style as well if vintage diver is your style

All three of the 31j auto Amphibia's I have do not hack, but all keep +5/-5s/d time. (Knocking on wood) Some of the originals untouched aren't so accurate... But regulate easily. I've been converted. I met a buddy in Ukraine who searches out decent specimens, when they have electricity he will happily buy and sell for ridiculously low prices. Dangerous for a watch nut like myself with real life to focus on as well...
Is that a gmt hand on the 4th photo? I need a cccp marked watch for my collection

Reactions: realsubmariner