• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

*****What Gen are you Wearing Today?

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Yes that’s what I even always read.

But my TD changed the jubilee to a gen oyster (originally for a BLNR) bracelet by using the springbars from the jubilee - and it fits perfect and the SELs are great :)

You mean your AD? :)

So using the new Jubilee springbars you can fit an Oyster? That's awesome to hear. While I love the Jubilee I feel like the Oyster is more fitting on a 6digit case. Looks killer!

Isn't this the original WG version when they first made 6digit GMT? Wasn't it a black dial? Then they later changed to blue? Or am I confused :s

LowExpanded

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/7/12
Tissot Visodate Heritage
ZiknsD.jpg

Reactions: nipe

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

Is that your 1st Seiko diver? Only reason I ask is that a monster was my 1st Seiko. I have since tried a dozen other Seiko Divers & find myself wondering about a few others. The Seiko rabbit hole seemingly has no bottom for me.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Nanook65 1st Seiko diver, and only 2nd proper Seiko besides the many digital ones in the late 80’s and early 90’s as a kid. I’m really enjoying it actually.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Nanook65 1st Seiko diver, and only 2nd proper Seiko besides the many digital ones in the late 80’s and early 90’s as a kid. I’m really enjoying it actually.

Lots to like about Seiko Divers. Like I said I have had about a dozen of them & its not because I couldn't find one I liked, but just the opposite. Some, I like better than others, but I could honestly wear any of them every day and be perfectly satisfied. I started out with a monster and then I wore a Turtle almost every day for at least a year. Same goes for a Tuna. On to 2 other Tunas, 3 different Sumos, Skx007, Samurai, mm200, 62Mas remake in black. Blue and Black again. I am kind of stuck on the 62MAS remake in black sbdc051 right now, but I can see that changing at some point.

Unfortunately Seiko has been increasing their prices a lot in recent years so they are no longer unquestionably the best value out there like they used to be, but that doesn't mean they aren't worth buying or they aren't good or whatever. Seiko makes many excellent Divers at an affordable price point.

If you haven't tried a seiko diver, I would highly recommend giving one a try.

Last edited:

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Nanook65 yeah that 62mas remake is pretty sweet! I can see myself going down this tabbit whole. It started being interested in a Samurai, but when I dae the Monster next to it, I couldnt get it out if my head until I bought it. Now, I’m still keen on the Samurai. Will prob get it soon. Yeah they are not so cheap anymore. In my country even worse. The new Monster retails for $690 here. Thats rough

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Nanook65 yeah that 62mas remake is pretty sweet! I can see myself going down this tabbit whole. It started being interested in a Samurai, but when I dae the Monster next to it, I couldnt get it out if my head until I bought it. Now, I’m still keen on the Samurai. Will prob get it soon. Yeah they are not so cheap anymore. In my country even worse. The new Monster retails for $690 here. Thats rough

Seiko is very popular and you can almost always find whatever model you are looking for pre-owned on WUS m2m or if really desperate you can always find them on e-bay. Just like Reps, people are constantly buying to try out and selling basically brand new, but pre-owned watches. Every brand and every model varies a bit, but you should be able to buy most seiko models for somewhere in the 50-70% of retail area & when/if you go to sell it won't cost you much.

Reactions: jpchub

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Seiko is very popular and you can almost always find whatever model you are looking for pre-owned on WUS m2m or if really desperate you can always find them on e-bay. Just like Reps, people are constantly buying to try out and selling basically brand new, but pre-owned watches. Every brand and every model varies a bit, but you should be able to buy most seiko models for somewhere in the 50-70% of retail area & when/if you go to sell it won't cost you much.

Luckily I have a connection where I can buy it straight from the importer. So it works out the same as the cheapest I have seen on the web from grey dealers. Thanx for the advice any way :)

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Luckily I have a connection where I can buy it straight from the importer. So it works out the same as the cheapest I have seen on the web from grey dealers. Thanx for the advice any way :)

at least you have that going for you!

Here is my current favorite, the sbdc051 62MAS remake. I am wearing it on a Bonetto Cinturini which is super nice and is not a lint magnet like the Seiko straps. I find the Seiko strap to be a bit longer than I would like and I notice that the keeper slides around quite a bit which I don't particularly like so I have found what I think is an excellent solution. Since I like getting rid of the tail on the strap and I also like having it on a deployant, what I do is use the OEM clalsp from the bracelet and pair it up with a Bonetto Cinturini strap. I like it a lot on the OEM bracelet and on leather too, but I still have it on the summer rubber. You could pick this one up for roughly $500 USD pre-owned and in Mint condition. Lots of mid tier Seiko's are in the $500 ish range pre-owned right now. For that money, I still think they are an excellent value. And the lume.....

50664443938_b98c46f2c5_c.jpg

49867046547_7bc8be7b01_c.jpg

49919815312_5ef2b98dab_c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Xilikon and jpchub