• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

*****What Gen are you Wearing Today?

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
A 1940s Rima Chronograph housing a Lemania CH27 movement. The pusher feel on this is fantastic.

C12-D19-CC-3907-4765-B33-B-910-C9-A6161-FB.jpg

I wasn’t convinced when I first got this watch. It came on a reddish brown vintage NOS strap which is probably worth a pretty penny but just wasn’t right for the watch. The dial is a green/gold colour depending on the light, so I initially put it on a green suede strap... but still didn’t fall for it!

Then Bulang & Sons started offering vintage style pigskin straps, which I’ve always loved but are impossible to get hold of, so I had to get one!

8-AE0-B4-DB-0-C65-483-D-A3-CD-688-EB114-BD42.jpg

I think it’s pretty much perfect, and for the first time I’ve really found myself falling for this watch with this strap!!

261-E1-A38-258-C-426-B-A825-DD9-CAE40-FDB6.jpg

It’s a fantastic watch, very unusual dial and interesting stepped case with slim lugs, and of course that superb movement. It’s 32mm but wears really well and I prefer small vintage watches so it’s perfect for me.

Let’s see if it can be a keeper!

DC

This looks really cool, what's the thickness on this? Do you have a profile shot?

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
2016 Aqua Terra 8500 41mm Blue dial. My favourite watch to wear but unfortunately have to sell it :(
The blue dial is just stunning.

Reactions: mpx

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK
Please do tell us more about this one!

It’s a real JFK Half dollar coin with gold plating it was bit of a spontaneous buy off eBay but came with a nice little certificate explaining it’s a limited edition piece .. it’s quartz and has a portrait of JFK laser etched on the caseback .. it did come with a two tone “ presidential “ style bracelet but the quality was lacking so I put it on an aftermarket Jubilee strap

I might put it back on a two tone jubilee strap if I can find a nice one

I don’t wear it very often but it’s a 36mm which is quite nice for a watch like this

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
It’s a real JFK Half dollar coin with gold plating it was bit of a spontaneous buy off eBay but came with a nice little certificate explaining it’s a limited edition piece .. it’s quartz and has a portrait of JFK laser etched on the caseback .. it did come with a two tone “ presidential “ style bracelet but the quality was lacking so I put it on an aftermarket Jubilee strap

I might put it back on a two tone jubilee strap if I can find a nice one

I don’t wear it very often but it’s a 36mm which is quite nice for a watch like this

Ahh okay, I thought it was maybe a super rare Rolex dial variation at first :) Fun piece nonetheless! - Not sure what a JKF Half dollar coin is, but I'm sure it means something across the pond :)

Reactions: mark2828

FelixS

Renowned Member
Patron
9/1/19
Munich, Germany
BLRO on Oyster? I thought these didn't fit on the Jubilee version? Or was that just hot air?

Yes that’s what I even always read.

But my TD changed the jubilee to a gen oyster (originally for a BLNR) bracelet by using the springbars from the jubilee - and it fits perfect and the SELs are great :)