• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

*****What Gen are you Wearing Today?

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
126655. Just picked her up yesterday from the AD...:)

ZAn77p.jpg

Last edited:

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Just purchased this gen today.

A little unusual and I guess it will not be to everyone's taste.
I had never heard of Alain Silberstein before but when I saw this watch I just had to do a bit of research and couldn't resist getting it. Interesting story, Silberstein was an architect before becoming a watch designer and maker around 1990. Sadly his company closed during the financial crisis. Here is a link to an article about him for anyone interested in finding out more.

https://quillandpad.com/2015/07/25/my-first-auction-purchase-alain-silberstein-pendant-watch/

Happy for any comments, good or bad!
601f79509d65efaac160c2d0168191d2.jpg
d2ee41af7ad2cef2151941ae35817e31.jpg
274d1e947188f5a5dc52d59ccd02dd3a.jpg

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
126655. Just picked her up yesterday from the AD...:)

ZAn77p.jpg

This is a sick piece, congrats!

Thoughts on this VS the TwoTone Black Dial YM? Been eyeing the YM collection for a while tbh, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Well, slightly due to availability.. Locally the Rolex situation is VERY grim... Been purchasing gray lately - which is great for getting the watch immediately but bad for building purchase history with ADs...

Reactions: Fontaine

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
This is a sick piece, congrats!

Thoughts on this VS the TwoTone Black Dial YM? Been eyeing the YM collection for a while tbh, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Well, slightly due to availability.. Locally the Rolex situation is VERY grim... Been purchasing gray lately - which is great for getting the watch immediately but bad for building purchase history with ADs...

Thank you kindly sir, very much appreciated!

I've seen this as my Grail YM from its release as the 116655 and prefer it to the 116621. I think it's a more subtle and therefore versatile piece due to the amount of black on the dial, bracelet and bezel and I think it can be dressed up or down very easily. I'm not a fan of overly loud watches so this suits me perfectly. That being said, the 116621 is a LOT cheaper either new or secondhand and obviously this cost difference is a big factor; I actually sold my rhodium dialled 116622 YM effectively making the 126655 cost 50% of the full price - I couldn't justify buying it otherwise.

I would strongly advise buying from an AD if you can for a couple reasons - one, you get certain watches for less money (in my case Chrono24 estimates the 1126655 going for around 8% above the RRP I paid) and two, more obviously, it gets you 'in the system'; knowing they've actually had them in before, I've told my AD I'm really after a 116500LN but don't want to pay double for it; obviously this purchase (in addition to a rhodium dialed steel/gold DJ36 acquired earlier this year from the same dealer) will go some way to me seeing that Daytona... I totally understand if it's a bad situation with your local AD although maybe it's worth searching further afield? It depends on where you are I guess.

I got VERY lucky as I registered my interest with my AD a couple weeks ago and then, randomly, one came in - far quicker than I ever expected! :lol:

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Thank you kindly sir, very much appreciated!

I've seen this as my Grail YM from its release as the 116655 and prefer it to the 116621. I think it's a more subtle and therefore versatile piece due to the amount of black on the dial, bracelet and bezel and I think it can be dressed up or down very easily. I'm not a fan of overly loud watches so this suits me perfectly. That being said, the 116621 is a LOT cheaper either new or secondhand and obviously this cost difference is a big factor; I actually sold my rhodium dialled 116622 YM effectively making the 126655 cost 50% of the full price - I couldn't justify buying it otherwise.

I would strongly advise buying from an AD if you can for a couple reasons - one, you get certain watches for less money (in my case Chrono24 estimates the 1126655 going for around 8% above the RRP I paid) and two, more obviously, it gets you 'in the system'; knowing they've actually had them in before, I've told my AD I'm really after a 116500LN but don't want to pay double for it; obviously this purchase (in addition to a rhodium dialed steel/gold DJ36 acquired earlier this year from the same dealer) will go some way to me seeing that Daytona... I totally understand if it's a bad situation with your local AD although maybe it's worth searching further afield? It depends on where you are I guess.

I got VERY lucky as I registered my interest with my AD a couple weeks ago and then, randomly, one came in - far quicker than I ever expected! :lol:

It's funny the way you justify the higher price by selling another watch, because I've been doing the exact same thing myself! "Oh if I let this one go, then it's actually only $xxx .. That's actually a good deal!" :)

I would much rather buy from AD's (I prefer being first owner and all), but with waiting times of 1+ years for even 'basic' models I'm just not patient enough to wait when I fall in love with a model. Last 3 watches I bought grey (new in stickers ofc) and with the new warranty card without name. That Rolex stopped putting names on the warranty was pretty much the sole reason why I now felt it was ok to go grey.

I've bought several watches locally from my AD and I'm on the list for about 4 others, it just takes forever. I've been waiting ½ year for models that aren't particular sought after. Even a TwoTone Datejust 36 with Diamond dial takes them 8 months to get.. (Not a big chain AD). I then bought another 2 watches from another AD 150 miles from me, asked to get the same models and one more I actually forgot right now) as from the other - again, been ½ year nothing has happened yet.

Tried a third AD, they don't even allow customers without purchase history to get on a waiting list, doesn't matter for which Rolex, as they already have so many requests. Nothing for sale in the window either of interest.

Same again with a fourth AD - although if I bought the DD40 in the window I could get a new sub within a couple of months.. Not interested in either though. At that point I was so pissed I went and bought a Daytona grey. I really hate this cat and mouse game. I'm not a "great" AD customer, but only in the sense that I'm not buying jewelry or other brands than Rolex. With that said with the models I want to buy (and keep) I'm certainly in the mid-high 5 figure range of purchases.. If they would just get the models.

I'm sure that the PM Pieces always "suddenly" come in much faster than expected ;-)

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
It's funny the way you justify the higher price by selling another watch, because I've been doing the exact same thing myself! "Oh if I let this one go, then it's actually only $xxx .. That's actually a good deal!" :)

I would much rather buy from AD's (I prefer being first owner and all), but with waiting times of 1+ years for even 'basic' models I'm just not patient enough to wait when I fall in love with a model. Last 3 watches I bought grey (new in stickers ofc) and with the new warranty card without name. That Rolex stopped putting names on the warranty was pretty much the sole reason why I now felt it was ok to go grey.

I've bought several watches locally from my AD and I'm on the list for about 4 others, it just takes forever. I've been waiting ½ year for models that aren't particular sought after. Even a TwoTone Datejust 36 with Diamond dial takes them 8 months to get.. (Not a big chain AD). I then bought another 2 watches from another AD 150 miles from me, asked to get the same models and one more I actually forgot right now) as from the other - again, been ½ year nothing has happened yet.

Tried a third AD, they don't even allow customers without purchase history to get on a waiting list, doesn't matter for which Rolex, as they already have so many requests. Nothing for sale in the window either of interest.

Same again with a fourth AD - although if I bought the DD40 in the window I could get a new sub within a couple of months.. Not interested in either though. At that point I was so pissed I went and bought a Daytona grey. I really hate this cat and mouse game. I'm not a "great" AD customer, but only in the sense that I'm not buying jewelry or other brands than Rolex. With that said with the models I want to buy (and keep) I'm certainly in the mid-high 5 figure range of purchases.. If they would just get the models.

I'm sure that the PM Pieces always "suddenly" come in much faster than expected ;-)

Man, that really sucks - I suspect the situation is different depending on where in the world one finds oneself.

Obviously there are certain pieces that are less sought after than others and also my particular local AD happens to be in a very large shopping mall but not in a 'high end' part of town meaning (I guess) that they maybe get a lot more 'tyre kickers' than actual serious buyers? It bemused me the way all the staff were arse-kissing the day I actually picked up the watch as it was obvious they'd all been talking to each other about me from when I'd visited them a few days before... Weird.

As it stands, I'm not really trying to get many more new pieces from Rolex (a couple vintage piece do appeal though), having lived with a Noob/CF/ARF combo rep for a while now I'm after a gen Panda Daytona and that'll be me for now - I see Rolex as more 'everyday luxury' watches and there are far too many other brands that entice me; A Lange, Audemars, FP Journe, H Moser, JLC, Patek etc are all challenges waiting to be conquered...

And yes, you're right about the 'justification' purchase mentality but, in my defense, I always wanted the 116655 from the first day I laid eyes on it; the 116622 was really just a substitute as I couldn't afford to 'go gold' at the time! :lol:

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Man, that really sucks - I suspect the situation is different depending on where in the world one finds oneself.

Obviously there are certain pieces that are less sought after than others and also my particular local AD happens to be in a very large shopping mall but not in a 'high end' part of town meaning (I guess) that they maybe get a lot more 'tyre kickers' than actual serious buyers? It bemused me the way all the staff were arse-kissing the day I actually picked up the watch as it was obvious they'd all been talking to each other about me from when I'd visited them a few days before... Weird.

As it stands, I'm not really trying to get many more new pieces from Rolex (a couple vintage piece do appeal though), having lived with a Noob/CF/ARF combo rep for a while now I'm after a gen Panda Daytona and that'll be me for now - I see Rolex as more 'everyday luxury' watches and there are far too many other brands that entice me; A Lange, Audemars, FP Journe, H Moser, JLC, Patek etc are all challenges waiting to be conquered...

And yes, you're right about the 'justification' purchase mentality but, in my defense, I always wanted the 116655 from the first day I laid eyes on it; the 116622 was really just a substitute as I couldn't afford to 'go gold' at the time! :lol:

Yeah in my area things are really bad, have just been gotten worse and worse over the past 1 year :-/

I hear you about ALS, Last AD visit I almost sprung for a Lange 1815 - my god it looks (and feels) great in the flesh. I just can't get over the massive depreciation. I don't mind spending $ on a watch, but not well knowingly that once I walk out the door, I've just splashed away $8k on nothing.. Not to mention how hard these pieces are to ever sell. Not the kind of watch most people are going to buy second hand. Although it might help on the AD status to get a few other nice pieces that sell over list.. I dunno, I've been buying a lot lately I need to cool down

The 116655 is beautiful though, congrats again. I also remember dreaming about that watch right when it came out. It's a shame that gold is so hard to photograph, as pictures just never do them justice. How does the Oyster Flex sit on the wrist btw? It looks like you also have a bit slimmer wristsize?

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
Yeah in my area things are really bad, have just been gotten worse and worse over the past 1 year :-/

I hear you about ALS, Last AD visit I almost sprung for a Lange 1815 - my god it looks (and feels) great in the flesh. I just can't get over the massive depreciation. I don't mind spending $ on a watch, but not well knowingly that once I walk out the door, I've just splashed away $8k on nothing.. Not to mention how hard these pieces are to ever sell. Not the kind of watch most people are going to buy second hand. Although it might help on the AD status to get a few other nice pieces that sell over list.. I dunno, I've been buying a lot lately I need to cool down

The 116655 is beautiful though, congrats again. I also remember dreaming about that watch right when it came out. It's a shame that gold is so hard to photograph, as pictures just never do them justice. How does the Oyster Flex sit on the wrist btw? It looks like you also have a bit slimmer wristsize?

Sorry to hear that brother, I realise that these things aren't uniform across the board. As they say, may the Gods ever smile in you favour!

I'm with you on the ALS but to be honest I don't mind buying non-Rolex brands secondhand for the most part (maybe the AP 15202 would be cheaper new, as would a PP 5711) as I too do not wish to take the hit and difficulty of reselling something like an ALS; that being said, an 1815 Chronograph or Annual Calender would be a life purchase as they're a real 'keepers' to my eyes! By the way, if you've never come across them it's well worth checking out another German brand called D. Dornblüth & Sohn; they're doing some great work for extremely reasonable prices given what's on offer - have a look and let me know your thoughts.

Again I thank you and appreciate the sentiment, I wouldn't hesitate recommending you snap it up if you ever come across one. I agree, Everose never really pops in most phone pictures the way it does in real life and Rolex do a stellar job with the polishing to catch the light 'just so'. I like the Oysterflex braclet, it's extremely comfortable to wear over extended periods and you have a keen eye as indeed I have a very slim wrist; so much so I may change the top/12 o'clock section for the next one down as the Glidelock is on its smallest setting and it's still a little too big for me! :lol:

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Sorry to hear that brother, I realise that these things aren't uniform across the board. As they say, may the Gods ever smile in you favour!

I'm with you on the ALS but to be honest I don't mind buying non-Rolex brands secondhand for the most part (maybe the AP 15202 would be cheaper new, as would a PP 5711) as I too do not wish to take the hit and difficulty of reselling something like an ALS; that being said, an 1815 Chronograph or Annual Calender would be a life purchase as they're a real 'keepers' to my eyes! By the way, if you've never come across them it's well worth checking out another German brand called D. Dornblüth & Sohn; they're doing some great work for extremely reasonable prices given what's on offer - have a look and let me know your thoughts.

Again I thank you and appreciate the sentiment, I wouldn't hesitate recommending you snap it up if you ever come across one. I agree, Everose never really pops in most phone pictures the way it does in real life and Rolex do a stellar job with the polishing to catch the light 'just so'. I like the Oysterflex braclet, it's extremely comfortable to wear over extended periods and you have a keen eye as indeed I have a very slim wrist; so much so I may change the top/12 o'clock section for the next one down as the Glidelock is on its smallest setting and it's still a little too big for me! :lol:

You're most welcome.

I wouldn't mind getting on the 5711 train, but certainly only at retail, yikes have they rocketed! I unfortunately believe I'm too mortal for realistically getting one of those at retail..

I had a quick look at the DD&S but I don't think it's for me. Cases are a bit too thick from what I see and hmm... I don't know, they don't do it for me unfortunately.

From a dresswatch perspective I just think (for my wrist-size) ALS hits the nail spot on. But to be fair to DD&S and other makers, I'm not a fan of something like a Patek Calatrava or most JLC's either! The sizes are just slightly too big for me. The 1815 lugs sit perfect on my (also a very slim) wrist. The Saxonia Thin 37mm sits even better. Just awesome pieces.

But yeah, any ALS is something you buy to keep for the next generation. I guess it just boils down to me not currently willing to splurge €21k+ on a dress-watch, which would be the most expensive piece in my collection :eek:

The YM looks great on your wrist, I was worried that the OF would wear odd for thinner wrists. Doesn't look like that at all, looks really good. Makes me consider if I might go down that route for the next piece.

What's your wrist-size measured on something like a Daytona? I take out 3 links and with the easylink folded in it gives me a good fit. With the easylink out it's too loose for comfort and would glide down over my wristbone. For the OF, don't they offer like a tons of different straps all the way down to 14,5cm wrists? I remember seeing a chart somewhere

Last edited:

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
You're most welcome.

I wouldn't mind getting on the 5711 train, but certainly only at retail, yikes have they rocketed! I unfortunately believe I'm too mortal for realistically getting one of those at retail..

I had a quick look at the DD&S but I don't think it's for me. Cases are a bit too thick from what I see and hmm... I don't know, they don't do it for me unfortunately.

From a dresswatch perspective I just think (for my wrist-size) ALS hits the nail spot on. But to be fair to DD&S and other makers, I'm not a fan of something like a Patek Calatrava or most JLC's either! The sizes are just slightly too big for me. The 1815 lugs sit perfect on my (also a very slim) wrist. The Saxonia Thin 37mm sits even better. Just awesome pieces.

But yeah, any ALS is something you buy to keep for the next generation. I guess it just boils down to me not currently willing to splurge €21k+ on a dress-watch, which would be the most expensive piece in my collection :eek:

The YM looks great on your wrist, I was worried that the OF would wear odd for thinner wrists. Doesn't look like that at all, looks really good. Makes me consider if I might go down that route for the next piece.

What's your wrist-size measured on something like a Daytona? I take out 3 links and with the easylink folded in it gives me a good fit. With the easylink out it's too loose for comfort and would glide down over my wristbone. For the OF, don't they offer like a tons of different straps all the way down to 14,5cm wrists? I remember seeing a chart somewhere

Agreed on the 5711 prices - retail is the only way to go when they're so runaway at this point!

Fair enough if DD&S isn't for you; as we know this hobby is a deeply personal thing so I understand completely. I will say that their craftsmanship is definitely on point though!

I'm not a huge fan of the Saxonia (or indeed the Calatrava for that matter) as I find it a little too small for my taste but I totally get what people love about them - really into the two 1815 models I mentioned before though as the movements in those pieces are truly works of art! You really have to want one though as they're definitely not priced for the faint of heart... As for JLC, I'm only really after a Reverso Duoface of some description in a medium and the large case size just looks silly to me.

I've reached out to my AD about getting that 12 o'clock strap a size down as it really could do with wearing just a tad tighter and the glidelock is set to the minimum as it is. I know some prefer their bracelets to have a bit of play but I find I'm constantly shaking my wrist to move the watch away from my wristbone.

On my Daytona rep, from a quick/rough measurement, I'm around 8in/21.5cm (I'm not sure if I measured that right!)? I think I also, like you, took off three links to get mine to fit nicely. Yes, you're right - OF bracelets come in many different sizes and obviously you can combine the 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock to get the correct positioning as well as fit on your wrist.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Agreed on the 5711 prices - retail is the only way to go when they're so runaway at this point!

Fair enough if DD&S isn't for you; as we know this hobby is a deeply personal thing so I understand completely. I will say that their craftsmanship is definitely on point though!

I'm not a huge fan of the Saxonia (or indeed the Calatrava for that matter) as I find it a little too small for my taste but I totally get what people love about them - really into the two 1815 models I mentioned before though as the movements in those pieces are truly works of art! You really have to want one though as they're definitely not priced for the faint of heart... As for JLC, I'm only really after a Reverso Duoface of some description in a medium and the large case size just looks silly to me.

I've reached out to my AD about getting that 12 o'clock strap a size down as it really could do with wearing just a tad tighter and the glidelock is set to the minimum as it is. I know some prefer their bracelets to have a bit of play but I find I'm constantly shaking my wrist to move the watch away from my wristbone.

On my Daytona rep, from a quick/rough measurement, I'm around 8in/21.5cm (I'm not sure if I measured that right!)? I think I also, like you, took off three links to get mine to fit nicely. Yes, you're right - OF bracelets come in many different sizes and obviously you can combine the 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock to get the correct positioning as well as fit on your wrist.

The Saxonia Thin is a little small, I completely agree. Even at 37mm it probably bit feels smaller due to case shape and thinness of the case.

How about this Saxonia though?

381-029__0-Soldat.jpg

I must say that it is sick on the wrist. That big-date is just wow. The only thing that really surprised me in a negative way is how insanely loud the rotor is. I've had Miyota's that were practically silent in comparison.

About the OF strap, I prefer (on a bracelet) that I have a little bit of play but I think the weight of a bracelet balances out the difference a lot better than a Rubberstrap sitting too loose. Man I'm really tempted by a YM now after I've seen yours... :-/

If you also took 3 links out then I suppose we're more or less equal size. The easylink is actually out on mine, otherwise the fit is a bit too tight. Which is a bit annoying because if I add an extra link and attach the easylink, then it gets slightly too loose. My wrist is like 0,3cm off from a perfect fit :-/

I wonder if the OF you have on your YM would fit on a Daytona? Do you know if that's possible? Or even to put on the TT Yachtmaster? It doesn't look like it has an endlink attached to it ? It's just a rubber strap, right? Not like the OF on a Daytona?

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
The Saxonia Thin is a little small, I completely agree. Even at 37mm it probably bit feels smaller due to case shape and thinness of the case.

How about this Saxonia though?

381-029__0-Soldat.jpg

I must say that it is sick on the wrist. That big-date is just wow. The only thing that really surprised me in a negative way is how insanely loud the rotor is. I've had Miyota's that were practically silent in comparison.

About the OF strap, I prefer (on a bracelet) that I have a little bit of play but I think the weight of a bracelet balances out the difference a lot better than a Rubberstrap sitting too loose. Man I'm really tempted by a YM now after I've seen yours... :-/

If you also took 3 links out then I suppose we're more or less equal size. The easylink is actually out on mine, otherwise the fit is a bit too tight. Which is a bit annoying because if I add an extra link and attach the easylink, then it gets slightly too loose. My wrist is like 0,3cm off from a perfect fit :-/

I wonder if the OF you have on your YM would fit on a Daytona? Do you know if that's possible? Or even to put on the TT Yachtmaster? It doesn't look like it has an endlink attached to it ? It's just a rubber strap, right? Not like the OF on a Daytona?

That Saxonia is very nice, I didn't even know that model existed! I'm a big fan of Lange's digital displays in general and I love the Datograph and Zeitwork models especially. That being said, if we were talking Saxonia budgets I'd try and push a little more for a Lange/Grande Lange 1 as they're similar money than a digital displaying Saxonia; also what are your thoughts on the Saxonia Moonphase? Thanks for the heads up regarding the rotor noise, I didn't know that was an issue and would have been mortified to purchase a watch from ALS without knowing that in advance...

So in relation the the OF - it technically is a bracelet, not a strap, because both pieces have a titanium core that's covered by the external rubber which makes sense as we know Rolex wouldn't do things by halves - a pure rubber strap would eventually fray/tear! I only discovered this at the AD when they tried to re-size the 12 o'clock part of it. I also discovered in that time that the Rolex sneakily make the way the OFs attach all slightly different meaning they cannot be interchanged between models and you're correct, there are no end-links on the YM OF, unlike the Daytona. If you end up buying the YM, be aware that even with the glidelock clasp, you'll need to make sure you're happy with the fit as, if your wrists are anything like mine, you'll find the standard supplied OF bracelet ever so slightly too big. I think I'm lucky in that no watch, gen or rep, that I've ever owned ended up not being able to fit just right!

Also, I don't know why but for some reason I can't seem to get my head around a Daytona in anything other than full metal - the OF and leather straps just seem... I don't know, weird to me? Maybe it's because traditionally they were all metal bracelets? How do you feel about the OF bracelets (or indeed leather straps) on Daytonas?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Back to reality and something that us mere mortals can afford.....
Been wearing this now for almost 2 weeks straight and I am liking it a lot
Laco Squad Himalaya -

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
That Saxonia is very nice, I didn't even know that model existed! I'm a big fan of Lange's digital displays in general and I love the Datograph and Zeitwork models especially. That being said, if we were talking Saxonia budgets I'd try and push a little more for a Lange/Grande Lange 1 as they're similar money than a digital displaying Saxonia; also what are your thoughts on the Saxonia Moonphase? Thanks for the heads up regarding the rotor noise, I didn't know that was an issue and would have been mortified to purchase a watch from ALS without knowing that in advance...

So in relation the the OF - it technically is a bracelet, not a strap, because both pieces have a titanium core that's covered by the external rubber which makes sense as we know Rolex wouldn't do things by halves - a pure rubber strap would eventually fray/tear! I only discovered this at the AD when they tried to re-size the 12 o'clock part of it. I also discovered in that time that the Rolex sneakily make the way the OFs attach all slightly different meaning they cannot be interchanged between models and you're correct, there are no end-links on the YM OF, unlike the Daytona. If you end up buying the YM, be aware that even with the glidelock clasp, you'll need to make sure you're happy with the fit as, if your wrists are anything like mine, you'll find the standard supplied OF bracelet ever so slightly too big. I think I'm lucky in that no watch, gen or rep, that I've ever owned ended up not being able to fit just right!

Also, I don't know why but for some reason I can't seem to get my head around a Daytona in anything other than full metal - the OF and leather straps just seem... I don't know, weird to me? Maybe it's because traditionally they were all metal bracelets? How do you feel about the OF bracelets (or indeed leather straps) on Daytonas?

Man, the Zeitwork is out of this world. The absolute grail watch. Well, almost. I unfortunately think (quite sure!) that it will look too big on my wrist. I felt like the 38,5mm Lange 1815 was at the limit - for a dress-watch at least.

I don't think there's ANY moonphase watch that I don't like, almost regardless of brand :) I know it's a novelty and one would ever use it, I also don't like it for the mechanical aspect of it, just simply because they add such a cool factor to a watch dial.

That's funny about the OF, I did not know that. Does that mean it isn't as flexible/soft as a pure rubber strap? If I have to wear anything on a strap it needs to be ULTRA soft and flexible, otherwise (due to my size/shape) it won't curve around the wrist and will end up just holding the watch up in the air. Lug to lug height is equally important to avoid that. That's one of the reasons why I pretty much exclusively wear watches on a metal bracelet. (Tbh, this sucks a lot.. Man I would wear the coolest watches if I my wrist was just slightly larger lol)

Does the YM have a glidelock clasp? Isn't it Easylink? I thought it was only the divers that hade the glidelock?

As far as the Daytona goes, I love the OF. It's so bad-ass. Whether on the YM or Daytona, it's the ultimate "F**K YOU" to be pairing a rubber strap with a solid gold watch :)

The Leather strap combination on a daytona I find absolutely awful. (Besides the leopard Daytona. It's kind of my secret crush - don't judge.)

I think I need to try on an Oyster Flex - it must however wait a few months... I can't allow myself to buy yet another watch this year. Bought 4 since Covid and I'm still honeymooning this one: