• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

*****What Gen are you Wearing Today?

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
https://clickpix.org/images/3SINn.jpg

Did somebody buy a new watch recently? :D

Ceramic bezel, smaller case size..... This is giving the Tudor Black Bay GMT a run for its money!

Steinhart is nice, and that watch is slick. I don't love how loud the color of that red is though, it's brighter than the more muted colors of the Tudor. Is the bezel insert ceramic or aluminum? Maybe in 30 years it'll look faded and a bit more muted :p

I know it's stupid, caring about branding but something about Tudor being associated as the child company of Rolex just make me prefer their watches more. Even though Steinhart is also a swiss company with solid movements inside and that watch is super stylish.

If the BB58 had a date at 4:30 or 6, and the rose instead of the shield, I would *have* to own such a watch. As it is, I'm considering getting the rose dial BB41 even though they look ginormous on wrist and it lacks the date complication which IMO is an essential feature.

Some day dammit, some day!!!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
15726367810612.jpg

Reactions: Watch-addict

tyrantblade

21/6/11

Just got this Aragon Diver in today, it's a very solid value priced 500m Diver with an NH36A movement and a HRV on the left side of the watch, not my idea of "perfect" but theres a lot to like at under $175

Reactions: KJ2020

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
Just got this Aragon Diver in today, it's a very solid value priced 500m Diver with an NH36A movement and a HRV on the left side of the watch, not my idea of "perfect" but theres a lot to like at under $175

Can't see the HRV in this photo though lol

Agreed that package is a good price for what you're getting. And I like the little atom thing on the end of the seconds hand, it's unique for sure. Looks like mineral crystal though :/

tyrantblade

21/6/11
Can't see the HRV in this photo though lol

Agreed that package is a good price for what you're getting. And I like the little atom thing on the end of the seconds hand, it's unique for sure. Looks like mineral crystal though :/

It's an automatic HRV built into the 9 o clock side of the case, and yes unfortunately Mineral Crystal, AFAIK they don't have a mid range collection, just the cheaper ones with "Hardened" Mineral Crystals, and every now and then more "high end" builds with a better movement (theres a variant with Swiss 2824 movement, Sapphire Crystal, and Damascus Dials for $600+ per watch, but limited edition and not very many out there)

Anyways, I got it as a waterproof beater, maybe if I keep it long enough I can see about getting the crystal replaced with Sapphire, but that's really the biggest complaint I have with it as I never liked Mineral Crystals, but it's a very good value watch at 500M of WR, it was under $175 all in with fast shipping included, and it looks pretty good (if only a bit too thick for most peoples liking, but it's not too awful thick for me)

Last edited:

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Did somebody buy a new watch recently? :D

Steinhart is nice, and that watch is slick. I don't love how loud the color of that red is though, it's brighter than the more muted colors of the Tudor. Is the bezel insert ceramic or aluminum? Maybe in 30 years it'll look faded and a bit more muted :p

I know it's stupid, caring about branding but something about Tudor being associated as the child company of Rolex just make me prefer their watches more. Even though Steinhart is also a swiss company with solid movements inside and that watch is super stylish.

If the BB58 had a date at 4:30 or 6, and the rose instead of the shield, I would *have* to own such a watch. As it is, I'm considering getting the rose dial BB41 even though they look ginormous on wrist and it lacks the date complication which IMO is an essential feature.

Some day dammit, some day!!!

The bezel is ceramic as mentioned in my post. Another plus over the Tudor.

Last edited:

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
The bezel is ceramic as mentioned in my post. Another plus over the Tudor.

And so you did. Guess my reading comprehension isn't very good... haha

It's a pretty watch. I like it. Let me know if you ever want to sell it ;)