Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true, that rolex service changes parts of your gen Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to read the service scope and inclusions before you send them your watch.

Some manufacturers swap out hands, crown, crystal as part of the included cost of service. You have to specify if you do not want them changing. They will give you a quotation to swap out the required parts that are not on the “included” list.

Comment

In the eyes of Rolex, they don't care about the "value" of the watch from a reselling perspective. They care that the customer has the most reliable watch with their logo on it. If it comes in and parts are obsolete or worn, they will change them to prevent your watch breaking in the future. Call it preventative maintenance. That way, the owner who invested in the Rolex brand gets many generations of reliable timekeeping.

Just my two cents

Comment

My AD is also a RSC and they would 100% follow any customers wishes for keeping the original parts. If your AD isn't also a RSC then you'd probably be better of finding a different place.

Comment

Originally posted by nipe View Post
          My AD is also a RSC and they would 100% follow any customers wishes for keeping the original parts. If your AD isn't also a RSC then you'd probably be better of finding a different place.
          Same here. I wanted to keep the old freckled champagne dial in my 1969 Datejust 1601 because it was my grandfather’s watch, he bought it new, and that’s the way I want to see it when I look at it. They honored that request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by bobo383; 07-07-19, 13:59.

Comment

Working...
          X