• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another, "what Omega is this thread", specifically how old is this little gem?

StevieC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/15
Hey, if it don't come up in a Google image search then i don't know what anything is...lol Got an oldie here and just can't find a reference shot that matches this one dead on. I have seen the same style lugs, the same dial pattern, the same hands, the same crown, the same back and so on. Just not on the same watch. Due to the history of this thing I have a really hard time believing it's a franken Omega. It's been parked in a safety deposit box for almost 50 years. So any ideas? I know it's a bumper movement without trying to open it up, can feel the weight tapping off the springs when it bounces back and forth. I wanna say late 40s but a friend is thinking more like mid 30s. What do you think?

StevieC

StevieC

28/11/15
I just got corrected... it hasn't been in a safety deposit box for 50 years, it's been owned (by the same individual that long) it's only been tucked away 15 years.
Also, it measures out at 32mm minus the crown. Bund straps always make the little ones wear bigger! :)

StevieC

cru99mpet

Horology Curious
5/3/16
Can't help you with any of your questions, but that watch looks absolutely stunning on that strap!

StevieC

28/11/15
Thank you sir! Yes, seems to be a winning combo. I have gotten more compliments on the watch/strap completely out of the blue.. like standing in line at the grocery store even...lol

Guess the only way to narrow anything down on it would be to open it up and get the serial number and movement info. Just scared to touch it as it's running absolutely perfect. Had it running non-stop for over a week and it lost 20 seconds. I think that's pretty amazing based on how old it is and who knows when or if its ever been serviced.

StevieC