• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Re-sizing Speedy Moonwatch bracelet?

Conquerer

27/5/15
I'm looking into getting a gen Speedy, almost ready to buy, but the bracelet is puzzling me a bit for some models. Looking at the one below the most right now. But what puzzles me is how huge that bracelet is and from the looks of it I could only remove two links (one on each side)? It looks like you can also adjust the clasp so that the bracelet comes in further, but that seems like it'd be annoying. And even then, I have a 6.5" wrist. Idk what the link size difference is, but my closest reference would be my POs where I have 5 or 5.5 links on each side... Not even close. So I can see this being a lot of trouble. Am I missing something here or can you remove more links that don't have the pin holes? Or is this just a flawed old design? Was told it's a 1995 model.

rU2UQU4.png

jburden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/16
The bracelet is not huge, the links on older Speedy bracelets were much smaller than on the two most recent ones. The pictured watch should fit your 6.5" wrist well. Also, it is possible (but laborious) for a watchmaker to remove links without pin holes

Conquerer

27/5/15
Yeah, I'm aware the links are smaller although it still looks very big with only a few removable links. I'm more interested in the newer models with the newer bracelet now anyway. Thanks.

jburden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/16
The successor to the 3570.50 comes with pins, secured by screw caps.