• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone into Seiko divers?

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
Modded seiko, the watch I'll probably be buried in.

Mr X can you confirm if you are actually Jody from just one more watch

jk

this looks really good, I've seen a lot of fifty five fathoms mods that never impressed me but this is the first one that actually looks blancpain-ish

There was a point when I wanted to buy a Seiko 7548-7000 (Apparently Brian May from Queen wore this watch a lot). Supposedly the case, bezel, etc is all the same as the SKX007. I was going to mod it using yobokies and whatnot aftermarket parts to make it look like a mix of a yachtmaster, with a blue second hand. Kinda like this one but with a blue second hand.

Then I found a MarineMaster Spring drive when I was traveling in Japan for ~500 under market usually sells it for. That has settled my Seiko diver itch forever. God I love this watch. Wasn't the smartest financial decision I ever made but then, neither is loitering on this forum...

The spring drive sweep is awesome to watch (heh, get it), and the power reserve indicator is fun. I love power reserve indicators. It's nice to know when you need to wind your watch. Oh and it's an indestructible watch that can be submersed down 600m which is just insane. I even like the tuna case, it makes it seem sturdier and I feel less bad knocking it into doorknobs at full speed (woops).

My only complaint is that the watch head is much heavier than the strap so it kinda flops around my wrist if my wrist is not super tight. Strapcode sells some aftermarket bracelets that supposedly fit this watch, so I've been thinking about maybe getting one of those as the weight of the bracelet may make it feel better balanced. But I haven't decided on that for sure, yet.

Reactions: Therion666