• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone into Seiko divers?

thefinger

11/2/13
My obsession with watches began when I bought a new Seiko SKX007 about 5 years ago. No mods, jubilee bracelet. I loved it. Rugged, handsome, good movement, functional. Great value at $180.

I picked up an Orange Monster after that, and got more compliments for that watch than any other watch I have ever owned (TC 16610 is a distant second). What an amazing solid link stainless bracelet! Again, great value at under $200.

I continued to dabble in Seiko divers after that, picking up a handful of vintage/retro divers--both mechanical and quartz. So much fun, and so cheap!

null_zpsc728b983.jpg

I sold them all when I discovered quality replicas from BK, TC and the excellent watchmakers that we all know and love. I haven't worn anything but a $500+ Rolex rep for quite sometime now. BUT, now I find myself drooling over vintage Seiko divers again. Something about the sensible, rugged nature of these watches is so appealing to me.

I just pulled the trigger on two different watches, a "restored" 6309-7040, and a modded 6309-7040. I won't be getting rid of my TC v5 16610 any time soon, but had to try out the "cushion case" diver that I've come across so many times over the years.

Reactions: GMT1675

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I love my Seikos also.

I have a Black Monster, a white Baby Monster, a modded Baby Tuna with a stainless shroud, a Frankenmonster, a white Stargate, and a couple others.

Wonderful watches !

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
My SKX007 gets more wrist time than any other watch in my collection. It's an incredible value at less than $200. I'm hoping to add a 6309 to the stable soon.

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
I've just ordered a SNZH57 and have a Dagaz FFF dial waiting to drop on it when it turns up. I think most of us have a Seiko in our collection somewhere.

Liamborghini

Renowned Member
21/12/13
I've just ordered a SNZH57 and have a Dagaz FFF dial waiting to drop on it when it turns up. I think most of us have a Seiko in our collection somewhere.

Theres a hint of Seiko (movement) in my Invicta, that counts, right...? :lol: ;)

D

d4m.test

Love Seiko divers, especially 6309s and the MM300 was a long time grail of mine until I discovered the wonderful world of reps :adoration:

superdriver

Known Member
15/11/10
California
I am a huge Seiko fan, I have the trusty 007 Japan market, an original condition 6309, H558 " Arnie", SKZ 255 Frankenmonster, and my daily beater is the amazing Seiko SNDA 65 chrono.

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
Love them. Have an orange monster, skx007, skx009, snzh53, Yellow BFK, and recently a Back Sumo.
The Sumo is really, really outstanding!

pseiko

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/14
Definitely! Congrats on the 6309. Definitely a classic. The cushion case was one of my all time favorites, traded long ago. Orange monster, skx007, skx009, black sumo, multiple modded FFF, cocktail time, sarb033 and a skxa35 still in rotation. A dozen or so others sitting in the watch box waiting for their turn at bat. They get more attention and compliments than almost any of my reps. Classic watches, great movements, excellent values for the price. My grail is still a grand seiko. My only regret is that I have just 2 wrists. Someone told me they saw someone wearing a watch on each wrist in the wild. I don't think I'm ready to go that far but when I do, one will be a seiko.

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/11
I recently bought a 6309-7290 from a member and I love that watch. I thought Seiko's would be too big especially compared to the Sub profile, but they really aren't.

300kph

24/5/13
My first decent watch was a Seiko Pogue chrono bought about 40 years ago.

It got stolen and I replaced it with one of the early LCD watches that were popular in the late 70's... I still have that watch and found the exact same watch in as new condition and in gold plate where my original was of course SS.

I have not owned a Seiko since until just a couple weeks ago.

In one week I bought an orange "Mini Monster" with a rubber Inox Searacer strap. I bought the limited edition "Blue Monster" Anniversary model and I am awaiting an Anvil 5 link SS strap w/ Seiko clasp from an Asian dealer (hope to have it any day and replace the gawd-awful ugly blue rubber strap it came with.

And just last week I landed a new Neo / "Mini Monster" with the black face and black / red bezel markers anjd the Seiko SS bracelet. I got it for about $130US shipped.

They are fantastic value and the automatic movements in them are bulletproof. No hacking on the Minis but the anniversary model has it.

Will post pics of all 3 when I get them all together.

W