• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone into Seiko divers?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Nice I am buying a SRP-779J soon :)

You won't be disappointed. For $250 ish USD I don't think you are going to find a better made Automatic watch. That includes any Rep that I have seen. In fact, I don't know of a better watch at twice the price. I probably got lucky with the whole misaligned chapter ring thing, but mine is right on. I have had other watches with mineral glass and they got scratched right away so I just assumed that I would be exchanging the crystal for a sapphire, but so far mine is perfect. I would estimate that I have worn mine roughly 100 times and it still looks really good. No scratches on the bezel or on the crystal. I'm not sure how but the case on mine still looks great too and it's not like I have babied it. I would even go so far as to say that without looking at it with a loop most would be hard pressed to tell mine from a brand new one. The only thing that is easily seen is on the rubber strap and you can buy a brand new strap at any time for $40. The other thing that I love about this watch is that I know that if anything ever happens It will be super easy to buy a new strap, bezel, crystal, stem, movement what ever and the watch will look brand new again. Check this pic out.... Here I am working on a deck this summer with my turtle on. Told you I don't baby it. One quick rinse under the faucet and it looks basically brand new again. Oh, and another thing: People say the strap is a lint magnet. While that is somewhat true a) I don't find it to be all that bad and b) when ever I do notice it I just rinse it off and it looks great again. Regarding the strap: It is pretty much the most comfortable strap/watch combo ever.

The only things that I could see a legitimate gripe about is the length of the strap. Even that, it is long for a reason. It is meant to be long enough to put it on over a wet suit. My wrist is 7.5" and it can be made either 6 or 7 holes looser on my wrist without a wetsuit on. This leaves the loose end of the strap a bit long, even on my slightly larger than average wrist. It doesn't bother me, but if I could have the exact same strap either 1 cm or even 2 cm shorter I would. If you have a puny 6 or 6.5" dia wrist you are not going to love the strap as I would think it would be too long. I guess if you wrist is that small you probably are going to think this watch is too big for you anyway so maybe that is not an issue either.

Mike Page

23/6/15
You won't be disappointed. For $250 ish USD I don't think you are going to find a better made Automatic watch. That includes any Rep that I have seen. In fact, I don't know of a better watch at twice the price. I probably got lucky with the whole misaligned chapter ring thing, but mine is right on. I have had other watches with mineral glass and they got scratched right away so I just assumed that I would be exchanging the crystal for a sapphire, but so far mine is perfect. I would estimate that I have worn mine roughly 100 times and it still looks really good. No scratches on the bezel or on the crystal. I'm not sure how but the case on mine still looks great too and it's not like I have babied it. I would even go so far as to say that without looking at it with a loop most would be hard pressed to tell mine from a brand new one. The only thing that is easily seen is on the rubber strap and you can buy a brand new strap at any time for $40. The other thing that I love about this watch is that I know that if anything ever happens It will be super easy to buy a new strap, bezel, crystal, stem, movement what ever and the watch will look brand new again. Check this pic out.... Here I am working on a deck this summer with my turtle on. Told you I don't baby it. One quick rinse under the faucet and it looks basically brand new again. Oh, and another thing: People say the strap is a lint magnet. While that is somewhat true a) I don't find it to be all that bad and b) when ever I do notice it I just rinse it off and it looks great again. Regarding the strap: It is pretty much the most comfortable strap/watch combo ever.

The only things that I could see a legitimate gripe about is the length of the strap. Even that, it is long for a reason. It is meant to be long enough to put it on over a wet suit. My wrist is 7.5" and it can be made either 6 or 7 holes looser on my wrist without a wetsuit on. This leaves the loose end of the strap a bit long, even on my slightly larger than average wrist. It doesn't bother me, but if I could have the exact same strap either 1 cm or even 2 cm shorter I would. If you have a puny 6 or 6.5" dia wrist you are not going to love the strap as I would think it would be too long. I guess if you wrist is that small you probably are going to think this watch is too big for you anyway so maybe that is not an issue either.

Great info appreciate you taking time to post it . I love the watch and I know I will be extremely happy indeed .

Wear yours in good health :)

kdo2milger

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/3/06
1104171355b_HDR_zpsptrtckuw.jpg

Zulu44gmt

3/7/15
Great info appreciate you taking time to post it . I love the watch and I know I will be extremely happy indeed .

Wear yours in good health :)

Awesome - I wear it running, building, roofing, mowing the lawn- you know all that stuff they tell you on TRF not to do with theirs
d050b594ca9c697dc101c0f01b15ecd7.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Love my skx007j - was my first watch purchase!!

D

d4m.test

23ubn15.jpg

atnic5.jpg

SKX009J and SNZF17J1(Sea Urchin) , love these two and both get a lot of wrist time.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
and now this turtle is off to be released to the wild (find it in the gen sales forum here on RWI) especailly after seeing @xjasonx's turtle, I need that black and gold [emoji3]
I actually like my black and gold 775 more than the special edition PADI I have.

sent from Samsung s8 + via RWI app

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
I actually like my black and gold 775 more than the special edition PADI I have.

Yeah the PADI's don't do it for me either... I was never a 2 tone guy up until recently.

and here is my other turtle. Birthyear with a natural ghost bezel. My keeper.

IVjoIp9.jpg

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Yeah the PADI's don't do it for me either... I was never a 2 tone guy up until recently.

and here is my other turtle. Birthyear with a natural ghost bezel. My keeper.

IVjoIp9.jpg
I've seen that one from you before. I love it