• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Some of my gen Breitlings I've had

mightynimrod

7/3/09
Lincoln - UK
Feel a bit nostalgic so I thought I'd put some pics up of the gen Breitlings I've owned.

My first was a Superocean Chrono with white dial and blue subs with Pro II bracelet.

2atumase.jpg

Next was one of my favourites.
Super Avenger white arabic dial and subs with Pro II bracelet and Ocean Racer in black.

aqyhary8.jpg

8y2u9y4y.jpg

While I owned this I desperately wanted to try a Bentley so purchased this shimmering blue dial Bentley Motors.
Absolutely loved this watch!!

qubu2egu.jpg

I needed something of an everyday beater watch as the polished finish takes a bit of a hammering so then purchased a Superocean on a Pro I to see me through.

azy8umeb.jpg

I then fancied something a bit different so pushed the button on my final purchase.....The very beautiful Seawolf Avenger Titanium with a diver pro strap. This was soon to be exchanged for a beautiful Pro II bracelet.

[pic to follow]

Hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I did wearing them :)

mightynimrod

7/3/09
Lincoln - UK
That concludes my gen Breitling journey.

I've had two reps but they just didn't feel the same.

A Bentley 6.75 and a Blacksteel Skyland Avenger.

:)

mightynimrod

7/3/09
Lincoln - UK
If I were to choose a favourite, I'd probably go with the Superocean Chrono ( slightly small for my wrists though ) or the Super Avenger.

Best of both worlds with that watch, depending on which strap I put on it.

Fantastic with suit on the Pro II and great with jeans/trainers with the Ocean Racer.

A big shout for my AD Andrew Michael in Newark UK.....brilliant!!

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
Have heard glowing reports about Sam @ Andrew Micheals !

Are you on Breitling source ?

I have had quite a few reps - 2 Steelfish (white & black dial) , a BCE , A chronomat B01 (pr 44 as they call it now) and a Super Avenger blacksteel.

I still have the SA and the B01....Great reps and quality is all there.

However my love for the brand has developed and My New Gen SA will be here on friday coming :) Can't wait.

I love the superocean chrono....lovely watch. For an everyday beater for me it HAS to be the aerospace.....black or grey dial. Lovely watches.

mightynimrod

7/3/09
Lincoln - UK
Hi Lenny

Yes mate, I've been a member of Breitling Source for a while although I don't participate hardly - I enjoy reading.

Andrew is great - I deal with Sam (his son) and just call him if I ever need anything. He's always willing to help.

I don't own any B's anymore as I've a DSSD which was my grail watch but my best mate has his black/black SA and bronze dial Bentley 6.75 which I drool over when we go for a pint. :)

Enjoy your Breitlings mate, they're special.

McLovin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/12/09
Thank you for sharing.
My favorite ironically is the Superocean chrono as well..

8755DBD9-7BD1-4962-A9D4-89BEBDB472BB-685-0000005D85B5EEDB.jpg

f97bcf21.jpg

8e558bb7.jpg

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
Thank you for sharing.
My favorite ironically is the Superocean chrono as well..

8755DBD9-7BD1-4962-A9D4-89BEBDB472BB-685-0000005D85B5EEDB.jpg

f97bcf21.jpg

8e558bb7.jpg

need to get me one of those :popcorn::popcorn:

DSSD??? Wow - when did you buy it ?? nice investment I guess if you bought it some years back. Is it your specual occassion watch

Having lived with a SA for a while - how do you find it ?

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
I too am a big fan of Breitling
I have 2 Chronomat GTs from the early 90s
They were both gifts from my wife.
She has since laid claim to them due to their size
(38/40mm)
I would like to pick-up a rep B-01,but have yet to pull the trigger.

122.jpg

012-2.jpg

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
Cheers fellas.

Incidentally the Superocean was purchased for only £600.
FOR A GEN!!

:)

You who's door to wrap first I hope, if there is ever a chance of departure from your collection;)

Mike8 - the b01 rep is a fantastic watch. 18 months with mine and it still excites me:

803D2E0A-4BFB-4768-9CB4-4A8FCB6BC57C-392-00000091BA9B68F3_zps1e765653.jpg

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
You who's door to wrap first I hope, if there is ever a chance of departure from your collection;)

Mike8 - the b01 rep is a fantastic watch. 18 months with mine and it still excites me:

803D2E0A-4BFB-4768-9CB4-4A8FCB6BC57C-392-00000091BA9B68F3_zps1e765653.jpg

Thx Lenny,good to know V1 or V2 ?

mightynimrod

7/3/09
Lincoln - UK
need to get me one of those :popcorn::popcorn:

DSSD??? Wow - when did you buy it ?? nice investment I guess if you bought it some years back. Is it your specual occassion watch

Having lived with a SA for a while - how do you find it ?

The SA was a beautiful watch, very big which didn't really bother me since I have huge forearms and wrists.
Sat really comfy and created a lot of comments from whoever saw it.

The DSSD was purchased after I got rid of all of my previous watches.
I nearly died in 2010 so decided to push the button afterwards and paid a very reasonable price for it (used I might add)

I have a BK version that I wear everyday for work (when I get a new bracelet for it) and my gen on nights out and weekends.

Sporting a Nariika PO until my replacement bracelet arrives then its going to Wiz for a full treatment of service, relume, pearl mod and clean.

The PO can go in a drawer for emergencies then :)

I'm 100% happy with the DSSD, not too big, not too small and very very classy and in my opinion looks great with suit or jeans.

With the B's I was always looking for one that I could settle with.....I just never found it - hence trying so many.

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
If you haven't used Wiz in the past,
you won't be dissapointed.
I sent him my BK DSSD for a full "spa treatment"
He really does great work.

mightynimrod

7/3/09
Lincoln - UK
If you haven't used Wiz in the past,
you won't be dissapointed.
I sent him my BK DSSD for a full "spa treatment"
He really does great work.

So I gather.
I've been impressed with how quick he has responded to my questions so far.

Nice to have a decent watchmaker in the EU :)

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
The SA was a beautiful watch, very big which didn't really bother me since I have huge forearms and wrists.
Sat really comfy and created a lot of comments from whoever saw it.

The DSSD was purchased after I got rid of all of my previous watches.
I nearly died in 2010 so decided to push the button afterwards and paid a very reasonable price for it (used I might add)

I have a BK version that I wear everyday for work (when I get a new bracelet for it) and my gen on nights out and weekends.

Sporting a Nariika PO until my replacement bracelet arrives then its going to Wiz for a full treatment of service, relume, pearl mod and clean.

The PO can go in a drawer for emergencies then :)

I'm 100% happy with the DSSD, not too big, not too small and very very classy and in my opinion looks great with suit or jeans.

With the B's I was always looking for one that I could settle with.....I just never found it - hence trying so many.

I do love the DSSD - i had a rep of it for about 5 months and found it top heavy however I've only 7 inch wrists. Hoping I can settle in with the SA - My blacksteel has been fine

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
wow great gen guys!
BTW is the motors T and that B01 with the black dial white indices still around(on stock)?
which dealers?